Washington-Seattle
Options

Downtown wedding venues

I'm making a list of all of the venues we'd like to look at downtown. Our wedding will be in Oct 2011, 80 guests or so, ultra modern, and ideally semi-green (i.e., caterers that provide local, sustainable options, no flowers outside of bouquets, etc). Needs to have an indoor location for both ceremony + reception.

Right now I have:
SAM (museum itself + olympic sculpture park)
Palace Ballroom
World Trade Center
W Hotel
Olive 8
Pan Pacific Hotel
Edgewater Hotel

Any thoughts? Other places I should add to the list?

Re: Downtown wedding venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hotel 1000 - Modern & beautiful, plus the food is outstanding!  (It was our second choice.)  Also, if you are at all interested in looking outside downtown Seattle, our venue, Novelty Hill/Januik Winery, is super modern and for a party your size I think it would be perfect.  (Sorry ladies if I sound like a broken record, I just loved our venue sooo much!!!)  They have an onsite chef and their food is local and I think mostly organic.  They were also really wonderful to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to put in a vote for the Pan Pacific!!  The decor is just so lovely and I loved the modern stemware and silverware.  It would be a good fit for 80 guests...any more and it would be a bit crowded.  We had the entire 2nd floor for the entire day of our wedding and they gave us a great rate on rooms for guests and the suite for our wedding night.  I'm sure the other places are lovely, too, but I would definitely check out the Pan Pacific!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Pan Pacific too. If you can afford it, it is a great place to have a wedding.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Chinese Room at the smith tower seats about 70, it's a great place. And you don't have lock-in with any one caterer.

Jewel Hospitality has a spot at the top of the market. You have to use their caterer.

Bell Harbor conference center has some great views.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had my ceremony at mccaw hall which was absolutely beautiful, but watch out for hidden costs/timelines you'll need to stick to.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to check out Hotel Alexis for work... they some pretty cool spaces too! Maybe worth looking at.
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you want modern AND green, the two that jump out are:

Herban Feast catering at their Sodo Park location: http://www.herbanfeast.com/sodopark

Ravishing Radish at their Lake Union Yacht Club: http://ravishingradish.com/seattle-catered-event-sites.html

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all of the places on your list require you to use their in-house catering. So you may not even have any "green" options other than what the caterer currently practices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards