• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
South Asian Weddings

Vent Session

Hi everyone...this maybe a bit long but I need a place to vent....so here goes.    

My bridal shower is on Saturday afternoon...woohoo!!  My sisters have been planning this day for over 2 months now.  They decided to have it at a restaurant in a private room...which is very nice of them.  The lunch is a sit  down lunch which has already been paid for and everyone had a choice of 3 entrees to choose from.  The issue is this...my 3rd sister who has not been part of the planning process because she is very busy at work now decides she would like a non-veg option or will not eat, my brother's girlfriend no longer wants to come, and now a good friend of mine just backed out b/c her sister-in-law may give birth this weekend.  I feel really bad my sister dished out this money and now will be out - 3 meals which she paid for and favors she paid for...what do I do?  And should I be as upset as I am right now?

Re: Vent Session

• edited December 2011
    Can you get a non-veg option for your sister? I think that's maybe one of the "easiest" things to fix.

As for your brother's girlfriend backing out, what is her reason for doing so? It's poor manners and doesn't really sit well with a family that may become your own someday.

As for the friend, I can understand that, but at the same time I don't see how going to a 3 hour bridal shower would get in the way of a sister-in-law giving birth.

Unfortunately, things happen last minute with party planning and your sisters will just have to take it in stride. People will cancel last minute for the wedding, or people may even show up last minute that said they couldn't come. It's just the nature of wedding/party planning.

And for what it's worth, they really shouldn't be burdening you with these issues. It's a day for you to enjoy, not stress over.

It's OK to be upset, but don't focus on these few negative things and focus on the friends and family that will be there to celebrate with you.

Have a great time this weekend!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Vent Session:
    [QUOTE]Can you get a non-veg option for your sister? I think that's maybe one of the "easiest" things to fix. Yes!  Maybe even give her the meal of the GF or other friend if the restaurant won't accomodate the change.  But it's several days away, so they probably will.

As for your brother's girlfriend backing out, what is her reason for doing so? It's poor manners and doesn't really sit well with a family that may become your own someday. Umm, yeah.  My thought exactly.

As for the friend, I can understand that, but at the same time I don't see how going to a 3 hour bridal shower would get in the way of a sister-in-law giving birth. Okay, I don't really get this one.  I mean, I get that the birth of a niece/nephew is really important, but I don't get how she can't give you a couple of hours that weekend anyway.  I have a friend like that.  Her excuses have included her cousin's child having the flu, her mom finding out her blood pressure is high, and her dad's friend's daughter-in-law having a miscarriage.  People have stopped inviting her.  

Unfortunately, things happen last minute with party planning and your sisters will just have to take it in stride. People will cancel last minute for the wedding, or people may even show up last minute that said they couldn't come. It's just the nature of wedding/party planning. And for what it's worth, they really shouldn't be burdening you with these issues. It's a day for you to enjoy, not stress over. It's OK to be upset, but don't focus on these few negative things and focus on the friends and family that will be there to celebrate with you. Have a great time this weekend!  Well said!

Posted by raangoli[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards