South Asian Weddings

Make Up Forever HD make up

Has anyone used Make Up forever HD line.. What are your thoughts? Does it really photograph well, does it look cakey? It has great reviews on Sephora, just want to know if its as good for the Indian skin.

Re: Make Up Forever HD make up

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't tried it, but if you want to, do a trial and see if it looks okay on you.  That way you don't have doubts on your wedding day :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    I have had brides use the HD line, it is a matte finish (more velvet I suppose) and shows up well in photographs.

Make up is very important, as a photographer I have seen brides with make up that ranges from perfect for photos, and those you really need to be careful with because of over use of shimmer/glitter and such.

As KPwedKK mentioned, please go for a trial, maybe contact your photographer for an engagement shoot the same day so you can see how it will look!

Best of luck!

-abhi
    Abhi
  • Trupti8584Trupti8584 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @kp I did a trial from Sephora and like how it looked. It looked good in photos taken in bright light but when I returned home and took photos it gave me that "white" look. So I am not sure. I don't use make up personally and I don't know what to conclude from it. What I liked is, I wasn't oily and it didn't clog pores.

@Abhi Welcome to the boards..nice to have you here.
     Have you photographed brides with air brushed make up? I have heard good and bad things about it.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Trupti,

Thank you for the warm welcome! Yes I have photographed Indian brides with airbrushed make up. To be very honest, it is not the type of make-up, rather the person who is applying it to you.

I have seen airbrush gone wrong, too. I will not mention the names of the vendors, however it is very important that you do a real trial and get some photos taken.

The same goes with any vendor, having the best dj speakers and lights won't make the dance music great, an experienced DJ will. A $15k camera/lenses will not take amazing shots, the experienced photographer will. The best make-up brands and methods of application will help, but not as much as a well experienced artists.

Don't be afraid to test/trial, and try out different artists. It is a very small cost to do a few trial for a very important factor in your wedding.

I can tell you this, sometimes brides spend way too much on flowers and center pieces, then cut the budget on make-up or photography. The memories you will keep and share with your kids are in your photos/videos, and you want your make-up to be amazing.
    Abhi
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Make Up Forever HD make up:
    [QUOTE It looked good in photos taken in bright light but when I returned home and took photos it gave me that "white" look. Posted by Trupti8584[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind a good photographer will be able to make adjustments to white balance to keep skin tones correct. I don't know if you were doing that when you took photos inside and felt you had too much of a white look.

In regards to the photos you took inside, a lot of factors come into play when it comes to giving you that "white" or overexposed flat look.

Were you using flash?
    Was it gelled?
    How close was the flash?
    Was it Direct or Bounced?
    Was the camera set for exposure manually?
    If not, What else was around you, maybe the camera was doing an autoexposure and calculated the settings based on darker elements in the photo, leaving you too bright white.

Don't get nervous when you take your own photos, have a friend or a photographer that has experience help you to get more realistic results.

This is a common problem for Indian brides. Warming up the photo will give you more of a radiant look rather than a flat, white color. It is something that you will need to talk to your photographer about! Let them know what you want!
    Abhi
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "To be very honest, it is not the type of make-up, rather the person who is applying it to you."-
    So true. with all the vendors. As for the camera settings, I only use the auto mode :P
    I can tell you that I was using flash, dont know about the other settings though.

Like you said, I need to talk to my photographer about that. Is there a setting in the camera that you do to "warm up" the photos. What do I tell him? That's exactly what I am looking for -"more of a radiant look rather than a flat, white color". I have seen so many photographers in India, not doing that. I mean the photos make the make up stand out( not in a nice way).

Just to give you a bit of background, my wedding is in India and can't really schedule a photoshoot with my wedding photographer well in advance. So I want to make sure I communicate things clearly to him.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Trupti,

Just let your photographer know that you want warmer photos, and rather not be on the cooler side. Cool side referes to whiter, or more blue white balance, whereas warm would be more gold tone.

I don't want to post links to my photos and get picked off as trying to sell you my services. I do not shoot in India, but rather than get kicked off the knot, I ask that you PM me, or e-mail me. I will send you pictures of what I mean, and you can show that to your photographer.

my e-mail is info at pandyaphotography.com
    Abhi
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the tips. I'll talk to my photographer about it. I am sure you will be great help to the brides. Hope you find the board helpful too. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    You are so welcome, Trupti!

I love to help!

Best of luck, and please let me know if you want some photos to take with you to show your photographer, so they understand what you are looking for! Sometimes saying it will not translate properly.
    Abhi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards