South Asian Weddings

Should the Dress match the Theme?

I have a lengha that is red, with a green border
And I am having issues finding a color scheme that I like, I really would not like to blend into the background
What colors do you think go well with a dress that is mostly red?
Brides, how did you choose your bouqet flower colors! Lehngas have so many colors of beads and sequins, I feel like it will all clash! 

Re: Should the Dress match the Theme?

• edited December 2011
    Are there any colors in your lengha that you like that compliment the design that you'd like to bring out as the colors for your reception? What color will your groom be wearing?

How about a jewel tone theme with emerald, purple, red etc?

For my bouquet I chose mostly cream color roses with orange orchids and some green. Our color scheme was maroon and a mango orange, so I liked that the orange in the flowers complimented the maroon border in my sari and blouse. For the reception I wore a traditional wedding dress but the orange in my bouquet then matched my husband's tie and boutonniere.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I would play up the green and any other colors (other than red) in your lengha.  It will make them pop! 

I have to admit, I cheated.  I'm wearing a white dress and the bridesmaids are in blue so I don't lose them in the red, pink, orange and yellow room!  :-)  But their bouquets will be those colors.  When in doubt - contrast!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think the theme should compliment the dress. For red and green, I've seen that orange, fuscia, pink, and blues look really nice together.
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a pic of the lehnga?  Although you obviously want colors that "go" and don't clash with it, it generally looks nice in photos if there is some contrast.  So I wouldn't go with red decor or flowers.  Depending on the exact red, you could do as Raangoli suggested with jewel tones, or certain pinks or oranges might also work.  I would also say that if the lehnga is "busy" you might want to stick with more all-one-color flowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards