South Asian Weddings

Tuesday B&M

Let's get this started again.

WR: Why do I have so many Thank you cards??

NWR: Can my house unpack all my boxes for me?

Re: Tuesday B&M

• edited December 2011
    OK - why did my FI not THINK about his parents' flight schedule before buying it??  23 hours in Helsinki and 2.5 in Chicago??  Really??  They are going to be so overtired by the time they get here!!

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_tuesday-bm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:bf188f46-2612-45e2-8ea4-7752d6882253Post:5c0e1ad9-2833-4df7-9d28-889c71e28723">Re: Tuesday B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK - why did my FI not THINK about his parents' flight schedule before buying it??  23 hours in Helsinki and 2.5 in Chicago??  Really??  They are going to be so overtired by the time they get here!! Thanks for letting me get that out of my system!
    Posted by jsleik[/QUOTE]

Was he just thinking about price?
  • edited December 2011
    I'd like to know why my sinuses hate me. It would be cool if they would just cooperate for once.

ExerciseMilestone
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_tuesday-bm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:bf188f46-2612-45e2-8ea4-7752d6882253Post:5c0e1ad9-2833-4df7-9d28-889c71e28723">Re: Tuesday B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK - why did my FI not THINK about his parents' flight schedule before buying it??  23 hours in Helsinki and 2.5 in Chicago??  Really??  They are going to be so overtired by the time they get here!! Thanks for letting me get that out of my system!
    Posted by jsleik[/QUOTE]

Honestly, sometimes guys are so clueless!  DH could do that.  He bought MIL jeans when they were in NYC in the winter a couple of years ago.  Only later did he realize that since she only wears saris she doesn't own any tops!

I can't really B&M 'cause I did that on Monday's post!  Well, one thing... I was a little irritated by a bunch of unpleasantness on my anniversary board.  I don't like unpleasant.  Why do people go out of their way to spend time on unpleasant?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_tuesday-bm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:bf188f46-2612-45e2-8ea4-7752d6882253Post:a662895b-f0f5-47a9-8111-19a6f4118f24">Re: Tuesday B&M</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday B&M : Honestly, sometimes guys are so clueless!  DH could do that.  He bought MIL jeans when they were in NYC in the winter a couple of years ago.  Only later did he realize that since she only wears saris she doesn't own any tops! I can't really B&M 'cause I did that on Monday's post!  Well, one thing... <strong>I was a little irritated by a bunch of unpleasantness on my anniversary board.  </strong>I don't like unpleasant.  Why do people go out of their way to spend time on unpleasant?
    Posted by temurlang[/QUOTE]

I didn't get that either! There really was no need for it and the ganging on on both sides. It made me want to quit the board all together. Just pettiness.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    DFW - He was totally thinking price, but I think there were other options close to that price.  Hopefully we'll actually be able to meet them in Chicago, cancel the leg up to here and get a few days there. 

@Tem and Raangoli - I don't get that either.  No need for extra unpleasantness in the world!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a day late, but... yeah. Sorry this is long and a little ranty. Why can't this be easier? I'm having one of those afternoons. Why can't it be like a switch, just flip it to "OFF" when it's clear that it's over?

The hardest part is that I still want what I wanted a month ago - That Girl gone, totally cut out of his life, and us fixed. And he says he wants that too, but his actions say otherwise and it hurts all the more that once again "I'll do anything" means "I'll do anything but that." You'd think I'd have learned by now, but no. If he really wanted it as badly as he says he does, he'd see the offer that's right in front of him, clear as day, and take it. Instead he sees it and ignores it, says "she's better than nothing because I can't have you back yet" and ignores me when I tell him that the more time he takes to fix what he needs to fix, the slimmer the chance gets. If he really wanted it as badly as he says, he'd do what it took. He won't do what it takes and that's more than obvious to me and everyone else.

And still... still here I sit, hoping he'll come to his senses. Because apparently I can out-stubborn anybody but myself. I can't even cut contact completely because of the kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards