Washington-Seattle

BM Dress Urban Legend?

I have 5 in my BP; 3 live in WA, 1 in GA, and 1 in NY.

My MOH in GA in convinced that if I don't have all 5 girls order their BM dresses at the same time (and preferably from the same store) the colors might not all be the exact same shade.  I think she has read too many BM/MOH books, I love for her to be doing so much research, but I think she's wrong.

Question:  Is it true that BMs have to order their dresses at the same time, or there will be a dramatic different in shades?  Specifically, is this an issue with Mori Lee chiffon dresses?

I'm having all 5 pick their own dress style (out of 10 that I've okayed from Mori Lee's chiffon line), so even if there is a slight difference in color, I don't think it will matter that much since all dresses will be a different style (but same color/fabric/designer).  Your thoughts?
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: BM Dress Urban Legend?

• edited December 2011
    If they are all from the same manufacturer, I really don't think there will be a dramatic shade difference! There might be a slight difference due to different dye lots on the fabric but only the most OCD person might notice that.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's an urban legend. my dress store told me that ;)

she said other stores will tell you that this is true because they want you to panic and all order at the same time, so they get more revenue, instead of allowing BM's to shop around and get a better price.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually went to a wedding where they ordered their dresses from Nordstroms and they were actually all a slightly different shade.  Even if you order them at the same time, they won't necessarily be from the same dye lot.

That said - it was only noticeable to the BMs when they put the dresses right up against each other and I only knew because my friend was a BM and told me.  I think that's a huge selling point for BM dress stores (they repeat it several times whenever I've been in one), but in reality it's not that big of a deal.
  • edited December 2011
    ditto Jennlin... I was told the same thing by my bridal shop. But I didn't care b/c we already knew we were going to order them online to save on tax and free shipping. (We just used them to try them on!) The website is way cheaper than in the store and the site is very reputable, even with the BBB

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's bunk! My girls ordered theirs all at different times, and we're talking months apart, and they all were the exact same shade. I've never even heard of that before! How funny.
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aah ha! Thanks for confirming the bunk Dye Lot rumor ladies!!!

And enlightened, thanks for the heads-up on tjformal.com!  I forwarded that site on to my BMs, in case they want to go that route after trying on the different styles at a bridal salon.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    I dont think its an issue :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards