Washington-Seattle
Options

Venues for Big Weddings

I'm having a wedding in the Seattle area, where I grew up (but now live 3000 miles away), and am trying to find venues online to start.  The biggest problem is finding one that can accomodate around 250 guests comfortably (with sit down dinner and enough room to dance/ mingle).  However, I also want some sort of outdoor space to be optional (in case I get lucky and have no rain).  Anybody know of a great venue that is large enough to REALLY fit 250 people? Would love any tips - thanks so much!

Re: Venues for Big Weddings

• Options
    Check Herban Feast in SoDo. I believe they can accommodate up to 300 seated. They don't really have an outdoor space though.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The dome room in Seattle claims to seat a whole bunch. Not sure on the outdoor space.
  • Options
    I got married at the Four Seasons in Seattle (the actual Four Seasons, not the Fairmont Olympic - it is new and down on 1st and Union). It easily holds 250-300 people with ample space for dancing, eating, cocktail hour, etc. We were able to get all our guests in there (we had about 175 show up), had a huge dance floor, a chocolate fountain set up in the ballroom, a photo booth, espresso cart, and I've bar set up in the foyer, we brought in couches to set up a lounge, we had a vendor room, a child care room, and the bridal party dressing rooms, and even a small room for me and DH to escape to right after the ceremony to mow down some food and toast the fact we just got married. No outdoor part, but you do have floor-to-ceiling windows lining the ballroom with great views of the water and sound (slight eyesore is the Public Storage building between the hotel and the water but honestly you overlook it with the gorgeous views and sunset). It is a spectacular venue - votes best place in Seattle for a gala wedding for a reason. Food is incredible, service is flawless - it was honestly prerfect for us. Also they only do one wedding a day so you get the place to yourself and you can party until 2 am as there is no additional charge for the room (and we did party until 2 am and it was amazing). Plus the catering manager there is incredible to work with - can't sing their praises enough! You also get pretty good rates on their rooms for your room block (our rate was $285/night in August and the block filled up twice and I kept adding rooms to it!).
  • Options
    I just got married at the Georgetown Ballroom and it was amazing. Max capacity is 300, we had a little over 200 and it was perfect. A lot cheaper than most of the Seattle venues considering you can use ANY vendors you want. SODO Park only allows you to work with Herban Feast catering and their food is incredible, but really spendy. I didn't want to get married in a hotel, although after it all, it would have been way more convenient. I suppose it all depends on your budget and your style. At GTB, you have to pay for your tables and chairs on top of the venue rental, but they have all of the DJ equipment you need so you save some money there. There is an area outside with lights strung up and plants on wheels that you can move where you want. The owner is a movie set designer (he did Sleepless in Seattle) so there are awesome decorations and lights everywhere. It has a lot of character. Google photographer blogs of weddings at venues you like. That really helped me visualize what was going to work. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi! 
    Herban Feast in SoDo is spectacular! Here are some others listed http://www.daily206blog.com/2012/03/10-stunning-seattle-wedding-venues.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards