South Asian Weddings

engagment question

Does anyone have a slow dance were the couple slow dance at the engagement party??? 

WE are not husband and wife yet.. so I dont understand why we need a slow dance together...

Re: engagment question

• SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen it only once. The only reason for it was because there was to be no reception close by because the wedding was to be in India.
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I find the "new trend" is that an engagement party is like a mini wedding reception...Meaning there is a cake cutting and a slow dance etc

IMHO...I think the slow dance is special and ahould be kept for the reception.

• edited December 2011
    I didn't do the cake cutting or a slow dance or anything at my formal engagement. We had the ceremony and the reception. The reception we had songs, dances, and speeches.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_engagment-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:d7e645f3-8d5b-4448-a52b-2850f6c20de1Post:0c6d8db3-83be-4a33-bbfc-8de0bc18b44f">Re: engagment question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have seen it only once. The only reason for it was because there was to be no reception close by because the wedding was to be in India.
    Posted by SonaliPop[/QUOTE]

This is usually where I have heard of it, too.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • reshma82reshma82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my mother in law wants a first dance at the "engagement reception" as she calls it.. since all their family and friends wont be at the actual wedding/ceremony that is 12 hours away.  She doesnt want to pay for them to travel here... which is understandable.. but the family does not want to pay to travel here.. they expect her to pay.. and she wont.. so she wants the reception they will be missing out on.. but i draw the limit at first dance. urgh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards