South Asian Weddings

Am I breaking tradition?

Hey ladies,

I realized that I don't know the offical tradition of this and wanted to know if I was breaking it. I really wanted to do Mehathi for wedding, but I can't do it the night before. We have the rehearsal at the church then dinner the night before at 7:30 so no way I can do it that night. Does it matter if I do it on Wednesday? Even if they see me the next day with it on?
Update 6/13/2010
June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Am I breaking tradition?

• edited December 2011
    JandD,
    I think switching days for  pre-wedding rituals/ceremonies is not a big deal, its the day of the wedding where you gotta have everything in sequence but before that its mostly private (mostly close fam and freinds) events so it should go according with how your schedule looks like.
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with JnSaini - work events to how your schedule is :)  Also, your mehendi gets darker and darker for the next few days, so on your wedding day, it is at it's darkest.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    Ok cool.. Sorry we don't normally follow all the same traditions as you guys do and if I was using something I like to do it correctly.
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards