South Asian Weddings
Options

North Carolina help

Hi! 

I just got engaged so this is my first post! My fiance is Sri Lankan, and we'd like to have a sri lanakn/south indian wedding. I'm having a really hard time finding good resources in the Raliegh/Durham area. Anyone have any ideas?? I will probably do a lot of my shopping in Cerritos, CA, but I'm looking for a wedding planner, decor etc. I searched the boards here and in the North Carolina boards, and googling isn't getting me very far...Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks!!

Katie

Re: North Carolina help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_north-carolina?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:ef4e603e-9afc-4009-8da3-7e37c6587410Post:67213933-b33f-40d0-91eb-b4e637f33984">North Carolina help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  I just got engaged so this is my first post! My fiance is Sri Lankan, and we'd like to have a sri lanakn/south indian wedding. I'm having a really hard time finding good resources in the Raliegh/Durham area. Anyone have any ideas?? <strong>I will probably do a lot of my shopping in Cerritos, CA, but I'm looking for a wedding planner, decor etc.</strong> I searched the boards here and in the North Carolina boards, and googling isn't getting me very far...Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks!! Katie
    Posted by mattsk[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi! Congrats on the engagement!!</div><div>
    </div><div>So, I'm originally from SoCal and I know "Little India" a little too well. haha. Have you ever been? As for the wedding planner, I know someone who is fabulous. She's based in Cerritos/Artesia, CA. I was going to use her but things didnt go according to plan... BUT, moving on... PM me if you want more info on things. Of course, the rest of the ladies on the board will be more than happy to help. :)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am no help, but welcome to the boards!!
  • Options
    mattskmattsk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies! I need a planner close to NC--I will post as I find resources. Love hearing about everyone else's ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards