South Asian Weddings

hotel wedding vs hall wedding

hi girls,

i am afraid of having a wedding at a hall (vs hotel) bc afraid of the nuissance/hastle of shuttling people back and forth to/from ceromony in am and then back for coctail/reception in pm. Especially for a large size wedding of at least 400people. also, i'm worried about the fluidity of party especially if I want people to go to after-party in bar/hotel room/etc. and worried about elderly people who want to leave reception early...

is this more manageable than I'm thinking?

how are the people who are having hall weddings dealing with all of these concerns? I know you would have to get shuttles, but do they run every 15 minutes for just for solid block of time before ceremony and coctail hour and end of reception?

Thanks!

Re: hotel wedding vs hall wedding

• I've noticed that you've mentioned this before in your previous posts, but I am having a difficult time understanding why you would need to be responsible for the transportation of 400 people?

I'm not trying to be snarky, but I honestly do not understand why your guests need to be transported from one location to another. For such a large wedding party, you're going to need large charter busses to do this, not shuttles.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • I'm not sure exactly what your scenario is, but I had a church wedding, so the ceremony and reception were in different locations.  As in, different parts of town that you could not walk between.  Everyone made it to the reception, no problem, and San Francisco has terrible traffic and parking issues.  I think people who want to leave early, like new parents and the elderly, usually make plans to do so.  Personally, there was no way that I could have made it to an after party, but those people who can probably have cars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards