South Asian Weddings

BM Saree's

I miss you ladies. =(
Had a rough weekend. Vegas trip didn't happen due to a REALLY big situation that included me in it. Anywho, I hope everyone has had a safe Memorial Day Weekend.

So, today I went to a Saree shop to clear my head and I found a beautiful purple one with just awesome designs on it and I'm thinking about getting them for my BM's. BUT here's the thing... My reception colors are red,gold, and 2 shades of purple... will the BM's purple sarees clash with the reception colors??

Re: BM Saree's

• edited December 2011
    I doubt it, Do you have a picture of the sarees or your colors? Maybe you can incorporate that shade of purple in your flowers so it all works. People usually don't notice the colors thing that much if its slightly a lighter or darker shade I doubt it would be a problem.
  • edited December 2011
    I didnt take pictures today but I'm going back on Tuesday. I'll take some! And the lady gave me a pretty good deal. Each dress is $110 and I'd have to get 8 for the wedding party so that totals to 880. She's giving it to me for the price of 700. I think that's a good deal... no?
  • Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a great deal, its like 90 bucks / sari! 
    I wish I had that kind of luck with my BM sarees :(
    As for the colour, should be fine.  I went to a wedding the colours were brown & Cream and the girls were wearing purple ...she had great lighting and it captured everything perfectly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I dont think they will clash..purple is part of your wedding colors, it will look nice still. What color is your dress going to be?? Mine is pink (mostly) and green(with gold and silver accents), and my BM saree's are all green with bit of gold.. I wanted them to match a bit with me also :)

• edited December 2011
    I've been searching for purple sari's that are nice! You're lucky... I would say it's a great deal!
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bm-sarees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:f7031dba-68d1-4980-86cc-381a2e0fc3fbPost:c2da9a36-2d55-416d-a55f-419a7be805e8">Re: BM Saree's</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont think they will clash..purple is part of your wedding colors, it will look nice still. <strong>What color is your dress going to be??</strong> Mine is pink (mostly) and green(with gold and silver accents), and my BM saree's are all green with bit of gold.. I wanted them to match a bit with me also :)
    Posted by jnsaini[/QUOTE]

Im debating Nicky... Im not sure if I wanna design my own or get the one that's already made which is red and gold... Im sooo indecisive! I went to the shop today to check it out and i almost cried beacuse i couldn't make a decision.. BUT I ordered the BM's dresses already. I have to wait 2-3 mths now.
  • vaishali10vaishali10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Trueleo: $90 is a great deal!  Did she include the stitching of the blouse as well?  I am from Los Angeles too and speaking from experience, blouse stitching is ridiculously over priced! What shop did you order the sarees from?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bm-sarees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:f7031dba-68d1-4980-86cc-381a2e0fc3fbPost:b98a4edc-87e2-411c-b4ff-8a7f82782dec">Re: BM Saree's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Trueleo: $90 is a great deal!  Did she include the stitching of the blouse as well?  I am from Los Angeles too and speaking from experience, blouse stitching is ridiculously over priced! What shop did you order the sarees from?
    Posted by vaishali10[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the blouses were included. I got it from a place in Little India called Decor. I'm going to have to call her tomorrow and tell her to cancel since there's no more wedding.
  • vaishali10vaishali10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sooo sorry to hear that... I posted this yesterday and I just read your other post.. I really hope things work out for the best. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards