South Asian Weddings

Guest List HELP

Hello Ladies,

My wedding site holds 250 people. Our guest list is at 365 people. Half of the guest list are from overeas (FI is Indian) so we are expecting a larger attrition rate from those people. So I am asking, Are we putting ourselves in a possible danger zone?

Normal weddings have a 25% attrition rate, but destination weddings have about a 35% attrition rate. If I add those calculations, that means we will have about 256 people. I am SUPER SCARED we will run out of chairs/room!!!

BTW, our only option is to try and reduce the guest list as changing the venue is impossible.
Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: Guest List HELP

• vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also ran into a similar situation. Is it possible to invite the absolute most close family to the "paid" reception and host an at home reception where you can invite everyone? I can understand that per the calculations you've done, your venue would be concerned with being over (which may just be 6 people to us) by 6 people due to safety regulations for their facility. If you have a wedding coordinator (which I recommend) I highly suggest you sit and talk with him/her about the issues at hand. Also ask your FI what suggestions he may have. GL!
  • amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you :)
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Have you talked to the reception site about it?  I ran into a similar situation myself. Our reception site holds 300, and we calculated our maximum to be 315. I was really worried about it, but when we told them about it, they told us that 300 was just what they advertise, and the venue can actually hold an absolute max of 350. Maybe yours will also be able to handle some overflow? Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards