South Asian Weddings

Wedding Bands

A quick question -

When you bought your wedding bands, what did you choose? A simple silver or gold band? An eternity band? Or a band with some diamonds or stones in it? Did you spend under 1 thousand, from 2-5 thousand, or more?

Trying to figure out what to get or how to shop for a wedding band. My engagement ring was made and didn't come with a matching band.

Re: Wedding Bands

• good question... my mom & his mom decided wedding bands were not part of our culture... i still want to do it though! i'm thinking we can get bands on our own and have our own separate quiet time ceremony with just the two of us.. but yea never thought about what kind of bands to get.. our engagement bands don't have matching set either... i think we'll everyday rings - something we'll be comfortable wearing everyday, to the gym, or when traveling.. i don't think it matters what kind it is as long as you're happy wearing it :) 
  • Just look for something that looks good next to your engagement ring.  My engagement ring is a solitaire, and I chose a channel set diamond ring for the wedding band.  Of the rings we saw, it looked best.  Also, I chose one with stones on only one side.  That way when we're traveling I can turn both rings around so they look plain and don't attract attention.  (Actually, I have only done that in India because DH wants me to wear the rings there.  When we went to Peru I left them at home.)

I don't know how much either of my rings cost.  I'm Christian, so the wedding ring has religious/cultural significance and I expect to always wear it.  The monetary value isn't necessarily equivalent or proportionate to the engagement ring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards