South Asian Weddings

Wedding shopping in Surat..any suggestions?

Hey ladies!

So we're leaving to go to Surat for my wedding shopping in mid-May.  Any one been?  If so, any suggestions for where to shop?  Also, im pretty short and petite, so I was thinking that I might try to get my wedding outfits made b/c I'm not sure I'll find something in my size that doesn't require so many alterations.  The biggest thing I am worried about it that to shorten the skirt, they will cut the bottom off and it will take away from the design.  Any thoughts on this and whether you think it will be a good idea? I plan on bringing pictures of outfits that I like with me.

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding shopping in Surat..any suggestions?

• reshma82reshma82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shortness shouldnt be a problem... it will work out.. (lots of indians are short)   i really loved vivah!  asopalav is nice but really expensive... my reception outfit is from there.... there is also G3 (or 3G) we went in there but I didn't buy anything from there .. nice stuff just nothing that i was looking for.  there is a place called bombay market in surat and has lots of sari places in one place..its really nice place and they have saris at a great price and are really nice... esp to give ppl and for family... for your wedding outfits i'd go look at vivah, asopalav and then decide and buy... dont just buy from the first place..

• ssarangissarangi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, sorry for the  multiple questions, but may I ask how much I should expect to spend on my bridal lehenga (approximately)?  Thank u, thank u!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    surat is the cheapest in gujarat.. it really depends.. you can go anywhere from 10,000 plus anything... are u gujarati? do u want a sari or a lehenga for the wedding? 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not gujarati in the way that it is normally referred to, but we do speak gujarati @ home.  I'm Ismaili Muslim :)

Also, by short, I mean, 4"11', probably even shorter than most indians. :)

You mean 10,000 rupees or $?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, didn't answer your other question.  I want a white sari for ceremony and pink lehenga for reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rupees not $.. and ou can get a lovely white sari for 7000 rupees +  and your lehenga can depend on all the flashyness you want one it (like all the workmanship and stuff) which you can get lovely ones in 20,000 rupees... really heavy awesome ones
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards