South Asian Weddings
Options

Reception Outfit Color Help

Hi girls!

I was wondering, when picking out your reception outfit, did you plan your decor before you went to India / purchased your outfit or after?

I want to be smart (read: economical) and use ivory as the chair covers at my venue. They use an outside vendor and have negotiated with me that if I use one color in the morning and I use it in the evening as well, they will only charge me once.

I figured if I do ivory, gold, and maroon for my wedding (traditional colors), I can use the ivory chair covers for the reception and do blush pinks, golds, and a cream / white flowers.

Should I not plan my decor until after I return from India? I do not want to bank on finding a gold and pink lehnga for my reception and not find one.

What other colors would go well with the blush pinks / pop of bolder pink / creams / gold color scheme? It is going to be a sophisticated room and I wanted to match as best as possible.

Any help would be great - I'm very lost!

Re: Reception Outfit Color Help

• Options
    rajsimrajsim member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am a Wedding Planner/ Consultant and I recommend my brides to find their dress first and then finalize the decor. You can contact me if you need any suggestions.

Contact Simer Grewal from Dream Weddings by Simer and she can help you find amazing vendors within your budget.  She is great, very detail oriented and a perfectionist. She can work with your budget but still provide you an exclusive and elegant wedding experience.

Call :(216)502-5194
    E-mail:dreamweddingsbysimer@gmail.com

Her fee is reasonable and will not make a hole in your pocket.

Also check out her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/DreamWeddingsBySimer

Enjoy!!!
  • Options
    Well, this issue didn't exactly apply to me, but I have some ideas.

You have to do a bit of both actually, getting decor ahead of time but waiting to make final decisions til you have the outfit.

It sounds like you already have the venue?  And the date (or at least in general which month)?  Even an American bride needs these before choosing a dress (IMO ball gowns, trains, and floor length veils are meant for cathedrals, not chapels or gardens).  The next thing I would do is find out what's available in terms of flowers, linens, etc., keeping in mind what you can get at that time of year in your location at your budget.  For example, I got married in November, when many orange flowers are available, but irises (blue and orange were my colors, so I really wanted irises) were unpredictable.  Also, I like turquoise, but our venues turquoise linen was not nice, so I went with royal blue.  Knowing these kinds of things will help you pick an outfit that will look best in your venue and that you can work with in terms of decor.

However, until you actually go shopping and have bought the outfit you cannot precisely say what will look best with it, so don't emotionally tie yourself into a particular flower or color.  Also, what if you fall in love with an outfit in a color you didn't expect to like?

So, do your research first, but put off any decisions until you have the outfit.

Can you post a pic of the type of pinks your thinking of?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards