Offbeat Weddings

Rockabilly Wedding

my Fiance and I are talking about having a Rockabilly themed wedding, while still trying to keep aspects traditional (such as the more dressed up wedding party, me in a long dress, him in a suit and tie) but were having trouble comming up with ideas to fit into that 1950's rockabilly theme since we are on a tight budget and most projects will be diy.
Does anyone have any suggestions for us? I'd love to hear any and all ideas since wed like to have a general direction before we start planning.

Re: Rockabilly Wedding

• I just googled "rockabilly wedding" and found a lot of good things in the image search. A lot of it had to do with vinyl records and I used those in a few ways at my wedding. Another theme I saw was a lot of old school tattoo art carried through all of the paper products in the wedding, that would be a neat way to incorporate it! 

Here's a link to what my wedding looked like if that would help a bit. 
  • bel2belling; I thought of your wedding when I read this. Not that it was rockabilly; but definitely music played into your theme.
    In my opinion, Buddy Holly is at the core of what rockabilly represents. I think of pin-up girls with tattoos and bright red lipstick. For men, I  think of 50's greasers type kids with the slick black hair and rolled up jeans. You could do very simple things that bring out that look, like black panty hose with the line in the back, clunky high-heels for the BM (of course, if they are up for it.)
    For decoration, maybe find old retro prints to decorate the tables of old 1957 chevy's. I think using records like bel did would be awesome, too.
    Congrads and looking forward to hearing more about your planning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh definitely think about at least having a pin up girl style hair do! I did one for my boudoir shoot, and then I was mad that I bought a veil because I would have loved to recreate that look for my wedding! It would have looked weird with a veil though. 
  • Look for dresses for your BMs on eBay.  I love Rockabilly-style dresses and always get them from eBay for pretty cheap (under $70).  It's a great way to get your bridal party into the theme while keeping what they have to pay for their dresses low!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• ill be wearing a bird cage veil so im happy ill be able to do it,m since the pin up look tends to be my go to look
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards