Offbeat Weddings

Hmm...TK being anti and pro-offbeat at the same time

This article I just saw on msn is confusing. It tells you 3 themes not to pick (when I think only 2 are discussed) and then proceeds to show lots of cool pictures inspired by those themes. Lame.

http://living.msn.com/love-relationships/weddings/3-themes-that-shouldnt-inspire-your-wedding

Re: Hmm...TK being anti and pro-offbeat at the same time

• that is very odd- especially since some of the photos were quite nice- like that dark succulent bouquet!
    July 2013 Knottie Siggy Challenge: Location, Location! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The themes they show are Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, and  True Blood.  I agree that the pis are awesome, and if you don't know what the Hunger Games is about that cake would not seem odd.  All in all it made me want some of these things, not the other way around.
  • K I love that Hunger Games wedding.. TK is crazy..
  • I've always felt TK's stance on offbeat weddings to be a little wishy washy. Part of that I think is still the fact that the traditional 'pretty princess day' brings the wedding industry a ton of cash and they benefit from that.
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Did I misread this? I thought the MSN article was saying that these were bad ideas, but linked to a TK article that highlighted them as fun ideas.  I didn't get the impression that TK thought they were bad ideas.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_hmmtk-being-anti-and-pro-offbeat-at-the-same-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:0d3cc029-4567-4ee0-8f4f-c176f2b18f61Post:83e76e65-4f19-4285-8a3a-d67eeebd45f8">Re: Hmm...TK being anti and pro-offbeat at the same time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did I misread this? I thought the MSN article was saying that these were bad ideas, but linked to a TK article that highlighted them as fun ideas.  I didn't get the impression that TK thought they were bad ideas.
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]
    That's exactly what I thought - they say they're bad ideas, but then they present them in such an awesome way. I did like that bouquet too.
  • Just got the chills did that invitation for Game of Thrones say it was the Frey Tully wedding I would not want to be invited to the red wedding. Otherwise they are really cool ideas. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Haha StephanieM22- I know I wouldn't want to end up a guest at any Frey wedding- but Starks or Targarion sound like they'd be a fun time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love THG, but I don't know that I'd wantt o eat a cake with nightlock on it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards