Offbeat Weddings

Red Wedding Dress

Can some one please help!!! I am in search of a red wedding dress. I live in a small town in MS. There is no way I am getting that here. Just a bunch of crazy looks when I say that is what I want. I can't afford to spend more than $300. on this dress. This is my second wedding. My handsome grooms firsts. So we are having a very nice outdoor wedding for him or I should say more of a party. But I will not get married in white again and red just seems so much fun. Can you please help with where to find one?

Re: Red Wedding Dress

• edited February 2013
    I think you might have the most luck with looking at department stores. I did a quick search of some places to help give you an idea and I have to admit there didn't seem to be a ton of options for long, red dresses that could look bridal and not just evening wear. I'm not sure what style you are looking for but hopefully this helps give you an idea of what's out there:

Dillards:

Bloomingdales:

Nordstrom:

JCPenney

Also don't forget to consider prom and bridesmaids dresses:

Davids Bridal:

I only looked at long dresses but if you're having an outdoor wedding you might want to consider shorter dress length options as well. 

Good luck!

• Fluffy is on this lol. You could also look into seamstresses to custom make a dress. Should be less than 300
  • Depending on style you could look into quinceanera dresses for more elaborate or I would check out bridesmaid dresses in red.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would look at red bridesmaid dresses. I found a lovely red ball gown for under $200 when I was looking for something to wear to the Marine Corp ball in 2010. 
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would look at formal dresses for proms, bridesmaids, etc. There are some  GORGEOUS ones and because they aren't 'wedding dresses' the pricing is generally better :)
  • Oh! Vera wang is coming out with red dresses for spring!
  • Try lightinabox they have some there in red and are cheaper and custom maid
  • Thanks for all the help I have found my dress!!! It is a beautiful red wedding dress!! I am so happy and ready to get married!!
  • awesome! I also am wearing red! I havent looked yet but I can imagine the looks I'll be getting too. I plan to look in the prom section.
  • look under bridesmaid gowns,there are some really beautiful bridesmaid gowns in red :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • finneafinnea member
    First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I'm looking for a red wedding dress, too. I have found many beautiful red dresses: simple design and embellishment...but that's not what I want!. I want a ball gown, with a bit of poof, appliques, and pickups. Finding anything like this seems to be impossible! I've searched all the department stores, in the bridesmaids, and mother of the wedding sections, formal occasions...etc. The only dress I have found that I'm in love with comes from one of those bad sites that were mentioned here! I'm completely frustrated! I don't want to give up on the red dress!
  • Have you looked at prom dresses or formal gowns? They often have some of the embellishment you're looking for.
  • I have, actually, EmmyG.  Either the dresses I like don't come in red, or the red dresses are just not to my taste.  I have a little over a year before the wedding, so I'm not giving up yet.  I'd even be happy if I could find a white dress that could easily be dyed and look right.  But alas, all the white dresses I've found that I like have too much embellishment (not a bead or sequin kind of person).  I just want a few white appliques on the red dress with some pickups.  Does such a thing exist? lol
  • Try jjshouse.com This is Jessica McClintock's site and I found a couple of red dresses I'm considering. Very affordable too!!!
  • I looked up red ball gown- and got some good results.
    Try that. :)
  • Finding white appliqués on a red dress may be hard. You may want to talk to a seamstress about making a dress or applying appliqués to a dress you buy elsewhere. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards