Offbeat Weddings
Options

Ohhh...Mmmm...Geee

I am not venturing out of "Off Beat Brides" ever again....most of the other boards are full of snarky jerks who cannot think outside of their traditional box.  I am guessing most of them probably ate at Chic-fil-a today for the wrong reasons. Tongue out
Make jokes. No stress. Love. Live. Life. Proceed. Progress.

Re: Ohhh...Mmmm...Geee

• Options
    I post on a couple other boards, but I def have my few select boards and tend to not venture outside of them much lol
  • Options
    Not trying to stoke the fire but you did post in the Etiquette board asking for what the right etiquette was for what you were planning to do for your wedding. They just told you the truth, it's against etiquette. Also the only one who was snarky was you calling Snippy a " snarky C U Next Thursday." Coming here to complain about them doesn't make you seem any better than what you're accusing them of being. 

Honeymoon registries also aren't super popular on this board either so you won't get a lot of love for that. 

That said, I agree wedding's don't have to be the same ole traditional things that everyone else does. Hopefully you have a great wedding day and it all goes smoothly.
  • Options
    It's cool. I get that some people are "mean girls" on the Internet. It is comical at best.
    Make jokes. No stress. Love. Live. Life. Proceed. Progress.
  • Options
    Very true. This is one of the best websites for when you're feeling in the mood to get entertained by the ridiculousness of people. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_ohhhmmmmgeee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:36dd322c-ec3f-49ca-a38a-8e0d4e569332Post:cf5b0a14-ecd6-45ec-b7d5-36e915c1f8d1">Re: Ohhh...Mmmm...Geee</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very true. This is one of the best websites for when you're feeling in the mood to get entertained by the ridiculousness of people. 
    Posted by FluffyGumDrop2[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this! I tend to stick to boards where yes, they will tell me when I need to give my head a shake, but they don't make it this huge deal to do so. They're honest without attacking lol! I do sometimes lurk on other boards just for the entertainment side of it lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_ohhhmmmmgeee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:36dd322c-ec3f-49ca-a38a-8e0d4e569332Post:5985d0f9-e1e1-496e-a904-d37b41fbfad1">Ohhh...Mmmm...Geee</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not venturing out of "Off Beat Brides" ever again....most of the other boards are full of snarky jerks who cannot think outside of their traditional box.  I am guessing most of them probably ate at Chic-fil-a today for the wrong reasons.
    Posted by diabride[/QUOTE]

I so agree. Ask a simple question that is considered perfectly acceptable where you live and they jump on you. Btw, love your idea about the clothing drive. Maybe just have people give some donation in lieu of gifts if they ask? I do not think it's tiered at all. I have conservative family and friends who party. They would not complain at all about having something small for family and an all out bash later in the day.
    I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    As PP said, asking flat out for things at your wedding is an ettiquette no no. If someone asks you what they should bring, then you can reply with the fact you'd prefer they make a donation in lieu of a gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards