Offbeat Weddings
Options

Eureka - a moment of clarity

So Mr.Owl and I have been talking about getting engaged. We have decided to go shopping together. For one reason or another, we haven't gone back to the jewelry store we love yet and I've been getting antsy. This week when I asked if he wanted to go, he mumbled a little excuse and I decided to say what I've been thinking for a few days.

"Mr.Owl, what's the hold up? Are you ok?"

He said he was nervous about such a big purchase and was terrified of negotiating. He was also worried that since he had dragged his feet that I would be disappointed if my favorite vintage ring was gone when we went back.

I talked to him about it being ok for him to be nervous and that I would be there to help with the negotiations (because I love a good deal) and that if the ring we both loved in the winter was gone that we would find a different one. He was so relieved to have said his fears out loud.

We've decided to go shopping together for the ring next weekend. Yay for clear communication. I'm so proud of us and even more certain that we are perfect for one another.

Any of you have any stories like this? A moment of clarity or a decision made that you're proud of?

Re: Eureka - a moment of clarity

• Options
    Congratulations MissOwl!! That's soooo exciting!

Our moment of clarity was when we decided we didn't want the 150-200 person wedding that everyone else wanted. We downsized to 30 and couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

By the way, we expect a picture of your beautiful ring as soon as possible ;)
    IMG_0015

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    This is great news! I'm so happy for you!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    Yay! I'm so happy for you! Pretty soon you'll be planning for your own wedding! ;)

Our moment of clarity for the wedding was when we realized that our wedding should be music themed. Everything came together so fast after that, our wedding plans took a full 360, it was great.
  • Options
    thanks ladies! i love hearing about other peoples' revelations :)
  • Options
    aww thats awesome! i have had a few of those moments, but this weekend was like one long one for me. FI and I had the most super productive weekend, and everything we do just works so easily, we agreed on everything and we make the most awesome team in everything we do. so i know exactly what you mean. it rocks :)
    Offbeat Brides & September 2011 August Siggys - Pets and Honeymoon Location: Roatan, Honduras!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay!  I can't wait to see the ring!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    GrauGrau member
    First Comment
    Awww yay!

Our moment of clarity was to decide to have a (inexpensive) wedding outside in some park. Since than, we haven't had to worry about saving a tons of extra money for a fancy venue that just isn't us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I"m still waiting for mine. The closest is my espresso bar, but other than that part of the problem is he just has no idea what's involved.
    Hopefully once I'm down there and we can talk in person then we can have a few HURRAHS!
    Glad to hear they come though. And Miss Owl I really wanna see that ring! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards