Offbeat Weddings

Man of Honor

My best friend of 11 years is male and I want him to be my "Man of Honor" @ my wedding. Yes I know that I could easily ask my fiancee to make him a groomsman but my bestie has stood by my side through my most trying times and I think it's only fitting that he stand next to me on my big day. What do you guys think? 

Re: Man of Honor

• Sounds great.  It's not that uncommon for men to stand up for the bride, and it only makes sense that if he's your friend, he goes on your side.  
  • If my high school friend and I stayed as close as we were (he moved to England and is terrible at staying in touch lol) there was a good chance he would have been in my wedding party too. It's no biggie
  • I had a Man of Honour :) You can see him in this picture holding my bouquet for me (the bouquet kinda blends in... red shirt and my red bouquet haha)

• That sounds like a great plan. I have seen that a couple of times as well as girls standing up for the groom.
  • Nothing wrong with having your male best friend standing on your side. If you're worried about what your guests might say it's possible that one or two of the older guests might have a "that's not what I've seen at every other wedding my whole life" moment but mixed sides are becoming a lot more common so I wouldn't even worry about it. 

• Thank you so much guys for your imput. I love my bestie soo much...like I said before. He's been there through the good & bad & I didn't think it was enough to just have him as a guest. Thanks again
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_man-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:4fe9c4a1-f9c5-47ad-91bc-df81287b5201Post:75c36217-e389-4d99-b595-8c0f050966f6">Re: Man of Honor</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a Man of Honour :) You can see him in this picture holding my bouquet for me (the bouquet kinda blends in... red shirt and my red bouquet haha)
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Congrats on ur wedding. Best of luck & many well wishes. Thanks again for your input. 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_man-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:4fe9c4a1-f9c5-47ad-91bc-df81287b5201Post:0b8bac37-de38-4ba9-b0d1-fe050e0bbea3">Re: Man of Honor</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Man of Honor : Congrats on ur wedding. Best of luck & many well wishes. Thanks again for your input. 
    Posted by soruff[/QUOTE]

Thank you :) Your wedding is going to be a spcial day of memories for you, you should share it with your nearest and dearest! If that happens to be a male friend, then go for it! I know I totally would have regretted it if I didn't have my Man of Honour, and DH was totally cool with it!
  • I say do it. I am having two bridesmaids and three bride's MEN. My FI has five groomsmen. They just won't walk my boys down the aisle! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards