Offbeat Weddings

time to introduce myself!

hi girls!

i have started posting here more and more, so i should stop being a stranger!

i am getting marreid 7/29/11 in a theater down town at the top of the grand staircase...just the right kind of formal/gaudy to appease our families...

then off to our reception at a brewery...complete with beer braised pot roast and 17 micro-brewed beers on tap.  we are having things that are offbeat for our circles (but common on TK)...such as the photobooth.  i am doing beer bottle centerpieces (kinda white trash, i know!) and we have a vintage budweiser wooden crate to use as our card box.

i wish i found you girls earlier because i would have loved to incorporate some of the ideas (such as the UP theme wedding) into our day, but i fear some things will just look completely odd now that we have so much set.  oh well, just have to make the most of what we have :)

so...after this long post....HI!

Re: time to introduce myself!

• ::waves:: Hi! Glad you found us! You're under 100 days. Awesomesauce!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • GrauGrau member
    First Comment
    Hi! Welcome to the board!

That is awesome that you are having your reception at a brewery. Even though I don't like beer, my FI would love that.

If you don't mind, where exactly in Upstate NY are you? I know people have different definitions of what is consider what in NY, haha.
  • Hello!  Your wedding sounds fabulous!  What brewery are you having your reception at?  Like Grau asked, what part of Upstate are you from?  I am from the Saratoga Springs area, so just curious! 

Congrats again!!!  :)
    "It starts out all very nice, two people promising to be together forever, I'll die when you die, my life meant nothing until you used my toothbrush. Then you start planning the wedding. Aunt Junie's allergic to milk. Uncle Momo's off his meds..."
  • Welcome to the board! Can't wait to see your CP's:)
  • hi girls!

i am in buffalo...nickels...where in CO are you?  my brother lives in aurora and his ex-wife anchors 9 news :)
  • hi and welcome! this board is the best ;)
    Offbeat Brides & September 2011 August Siggys - Pets and Honeymoon Location: Roatan, Honduras!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GrauGrau member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_time-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:5501de5f-e504-4112-a738-0c3e203241e3Post:a7ab7814-422d-4c9d-82b2-8eaee7be8a2e">Re: time to introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]hi girls! i am in buffalo...nickels...where in CO are you?  my brother lives in aurora and his ex-wife anchors 9 news :)
    Posted by cmalchow[/QUOTE]

I'm in Rochester, and the reminder of Buffalo has made me want mighty taco even more.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_time-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:5501de5f-e504-4112-a738-0c3e203241e3Post:3f2f138a-8851-4cf2-8ae8-5c5d12e8cb32">Re: time to introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: time to introduce myself! : I'm in Rochester, and the reminder of Buffalo has made me want mighty taco even more.
    Posted by Grau[/QUOTE]

mmmmm....i love me some mighty taco!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards