Offbeat Weddings
Options

:) I'm married! (PIP and kinda long)

HEY GIRLS!!!!!1!!!!!11!!

Okay, first things first... some pics:

My dad and I walking down the aisle

Me reading my vows to Shelby.  I cried.  :)
He said he was trying REAL hard not to.

Yay!

Cheers!

Shelby and his mom getting down to Baby Got Back!

Next up, a quick rundown of my day:
Shelby stayed the night before at his best man's house, and my best friend/bridesmaid made me stay up super late finishing every last minute detail that had to be done, so that the morning of I could just relax.  THAT WAS THE BEST IDEA EVER.  No stress.

We got to the country club just before noon, and the hair/makeup artist started with my girls and we all just sat around chatting and listening to music.  Shelby and his guys showed up at 3:30 so we could do a first-look at 4pm.  BEST IDEA EVER.  It was so sweet and special.  He totally almost cried when he saw me.  I totally DID cry when I saw him.  But we were both able to get our nerves under control and just be excited.  I havent seen the photog's pics yet, but my girls were peeking and said they could see Shelby's gigantic smile.

The ceremony was amazing.  It was outdoors on the lawn, the weather was perfect, not too breezy, and the birds were chirping in the trees.  My mom had reminded everyone beforehand to turn their cell phones off, and guess who's phone rang immediately after our unity volcano ceremony???  Yep.  Mom's.  HILARIOUS.         

I had only written my vows the night before, and Shelby totally winged his vows, just like he said he would.  They were beautiful and perfect.  He said I was his pillow each night, and his sunshine each morning, and lots of other beautiful things that are escaping me right now!  Embarassed  But they were from his heart, and I wouldnt have wanted anything else.

Then we headed into cocktail hour and reception, and that was great.  So many friends and family came from so far away, it was so nice to see them and chat with them all!  It totally goes by faster than it does when YOU are the guest!  I heard great things about the music, the food, the cakes, the centerpieces, and how it all screamed APRIL AND SHELBY.  Which is what we wanted.  We played the Newlywed Game, where we sat back-to-back and answered all kinds of questions (Who will be responsible for cleaning?  Bills?  Garbage?  Remote?) and it was awesome because answered them all almost the same!  I promise, I AM the better driver!  hahaha!

At the end of the night for our grand exit, all our guests waited outside with cans of silly string as we ran down the stairs to the cab that would take us to our hotel.  All I can say right now is that my wedding planner informed me that the country club has now banned silly string on their premises!  HA!  Shelby's response was AWESOME we just created a policy!

Despite a minor snafu about a cancelled reservation of our honeymoon suite with jacuzie, which is going to be comped by the hotel management, the wedding night was amazing.  He helped me out of my dress and I washed off my makeup and took out all 97 bobbypins and if I have to say any more then you are probably too young to be getting married.  :)

We had a GREAT time, and it's so weird, but now that we're married, every time I ask him to do something, he JUMPS up to do it!  No complaining, no under the breath mumbling, nothing!  hahahahha!

My advice:  DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE DETAILS ANYMORE.  It really doesnt matter, I promise.  He loves you for YOU.  You love him for HIM.  Let THAT show.  And say hi to as many people as you can.  They came to see you and your new husband, and it was so wonderful to hug everyone and be surrounded by people that love us. 

I'm sure I'll come up with more stuff after I've had a few days/weeks to process it all, but in the meantime, just enjoy life!   We have friends and family in town until Tuesday and then we leave Wednesday for our honeymoon, but I'll pop in and see how everyone is doing and what's going on as much as possible!

Love you all!!!!

*** all above pictures were taken by Shelby's dad.
As soon as I get some pro pics back I will post them!
Photobucket
12/25
Anniversary

Re: :) I'm married! (PIP and kinda long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards