Offbeat Weddings
Options

XP: Gamer brides?

Hi ladies! This post probably isn't going to make much sense to non-gamers, so my apologies in advance.

I wouldn't consider myself an 'offbeat' bride, but FI and I are total video game nerds and would love to incorporate this into some aspects of our wedding. For instance, my MOH is designing a Luigi/Daisy cake topper, and we're going to ask the bakery about a NES groom's cake. We'd also like to incorporate some music from our favorite games into the ceremony (as gently as possible, of course). A dear friend of mine is a composer, and agreed to help me with sheet music for violinist and piano duets. We both love the Mario, Final Fantasy, and TLOZ series. 

I'm thinking about having one of these playing before the ceremony, and possibly for BP and myself to walk down the aisle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BUXsqx0gRI&feature=related

We're also thinking about havnig a stylized version of this after we kiss and to walk back down the aisle. 

Are we totally crazy? Does this seem like it would work? Any suggestions on other VG music that would work?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
bridesmaids-2
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Gamer brides?

• Options
    I think it's awesome. We are both gamers (well, FI is pretty hardcore, I'd say I'm Gamer Lite, lol) and are planning on throwing in a little video game music into the wedding mix.

It's your day and you should have the day you and your FI want. If this is what it is, go for it. Don't let anyone tell you differently!!

I like your selections so far!! I think it would all work. 

As for more suggestions, I'd take music from the games you play- pretty easy way to decide. Of course, Zelda has so many options. Have you heard the Zelda Symphony CD? There's some good instrumental music there!

Good luck! Can't wait to see what you plan!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I had the Final Fantasy Fanfare music (you know that plays after every battle) after our kiss. We didn't do it at rehearsal so we could surprise everyone. I love the pictures that came from the happy/laughing expression H and I had when the music played. We also had Mortal Kombat (metal version) as our song that we and the bridal party walked into the reception to. So much fun!! 

Also we did balloons instead of flowers for BMs, so we tied the balloons to PS3 and XBOX360 controllers. 

Our wedding had a rock theme, but we definitely wanted some videogames in there. 

Did you think about using a Final Fantasy game guide as a guest book? I think that would be really cool especially with all that gorgeous art.

P.S. Can't wait til the 31st I need to get my hands on XIII-2! The demo already seems super awesome!
  • Options
    We played music from Final Fantasy 10 before and after our ceremony
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love it. 
    We are doing something similar as we both love games as well. I think it will be a whole games theme, video, board and card... The music is a great idea. With the latest zelda (skyward sword, which is awesome BTW) they released a CD of an orchestra playing the zelda themes. Might want to look into that as well. 

We are considering ways to incorporate the theme into the table numbers and decorations. Scrabble tiles are easy way to get them in. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    This might not be old school enough or at all, but I think the skyrim music would make excellent cocktail hour music!

I agree with the other posters that you should do what you like and not worry what traditional people think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    sounds awesome!
    try this for the zelda theme

Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'll be walking down the aisle to the Great Fairy Fountain song from LoZ: OoT. ItMs perfect for it!
  • Options
    OH OH OH!!!

I'm a Warcraft bride.
    And we are playing for the wedding party a song from World of Warcraft called "A Call to Arms"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbTon3KGgGU

Very basic, a lovely. No one will know but us.

Also, Hot Topic sells A TON of candy/ little favors made after video game characters that you could do ?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards