Washington-Seattle

Check-In Monday

What Checks have you checked off your To-Do list this past week?
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Check-In Monday

• edited December 2011
    Booked our wedding coordinator! Manette Gracie! She is so great and I can't wait to have her help!

Still trying to figure out a very budget friendly way to do cakes.....
  • edited December 2011
    Bought my wedding dress! Now I have three in the household.. OOPS! but this is truly the one! and we have less than 4 weeks until the wedding.. hahaha..
    calling non RSVPers now.. ugh. PITA
    got all of our beer and wine. YAY! :)
    that's about it on our side since we have been busy with more fun things to do.. :P
    my aunt made my royal blue aisle runner, menu cards, made and sent out bridal shower invites, got all the things for our dessert cups (as a cake alternative), as well as the branches for the centerpieces. She has been a busy woman.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_check-monday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:51a27803-9684-4657-89ed-7f747a5c7db9Post:78550ae0-d594-435f-b8cf-7b44efcccbab">Re: Check-In Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Booked our wedding coordinator! <strong>Manette Gracie!</strong> She is so great and I can't wait to have her help! Still trying to figure out a very budget friendly way to do cakes.....
    Posted by chelsea1110[/QUOTE]

She was my planner! And she is totally wonderful!!!! Great Check!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_check-monday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:51a27803-9684-4657-89ed-7f747a5c7db9Post:78550ae0-d594-435f-b8cf-7b44efcccbab">Re: Check-In Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Booked our wedding coordinator! Manette Gracie! She is so great and I can't wait to have her help! Still trying to figure out a very budget friendly way to do cakes.....

<div>Cakes- I would find a baker to do a small cake then get sheet cakes from them or Costco. </div><div>
    </div><div>I think Mike's Amazing Cakes (basic) starts at around 2.75 a slice. FirstTimers Would know better than me b/c she met with them. </div><div>
    </div><div>FTL- You better be sure about this dress! Only 1 month! Exciting :) </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    haha I know right.. >_<
    This one is incredible though. I'm having a sweetheart added and it'll be ready fo rme on Thursday. :)
    I'm so excited! and it seriously fits like it was custom. No alterations are needed (minus the sweetheart... but that's just because I want it :P )
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_check-monday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:51a27803-9684-4657-89ed-7f747a5c7db9Post:3772c054-9be3-47df-83bc-99c78d059b9e">Re: Check-In Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha I know right.. />_< This one is incredible though. I'm having a sweetheart added and it'll be ready fo rme on Thursday. :) I'm so excited! and it seriously fits like it was custom. No alterations are needed (minus the sweetheart... but that's just because I want it :P )
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>I am expecting some pictures! Lol :) </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Will do on Thursday! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the idea! I may have to check out a small bakery. I didn't think about doing all sheet cakes.

FTL-How much was MIke's Amazing Cakes? It's funny that they got brought up because I was just talking about them last night. My cousin's best friend actually works there and he was going to see if he could get me a discount. Was their cake tasty? That's all I care about lol.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_check-monday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:51a27803-9684-4657-89ed-7f747a5c7db9Post:dff3597b-6ff3-451a-a8cb-15a5382da941">Re: Check-In Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the idea! I may have to check out a small bakery. I didn't think about doing all sheet cakes. FTL-How much was MIke's Amazing Cakes? It's funny that they got brought up because I was just talking about them last night. My cousin's best friend actually works there and he was going to see if he could get me a discount. Was their cake tasty? That's all I care about lol.

FTL- correct me if I am wrong.

I think she said it was a little sweet b/c they freeze their cakes (many bakeries do) and I think she got a better deal up north. I was going to do a tasting with them before decision-
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Set a wedding date (FINALLY) and booked the ceremony and reception sites!  It's such a relief to just have that taken care of.
  • edited December 2011
    Sparent is correct.
    They didn't blow my mind. They are BIG fondant people as well and their cake is going to be more dense since they freeze it. This DOES mean that you could probably get a cake on shorter notice, which is good. Their prices also aren't too unreasonable. between 2-4 dollars a person. Pretty standard for the city.
    It comes down to what you care about the most. Looks or taste. And how big your sweet tooth is ;)
    We ended up not going with them (after tasting my cousins cake, which LOOKed amazing! but waaay too dense and sweet for me) and went with a local person in Bellingham that is suuper cheap and amazing. but that's probably out of your range..
  • edited December 2011
    I live north and have family up there so if it's cheap and tasty I would love their name! I don't want fondant at all and have a huge sweet tooth!
  • edited December 2011
    This is who we are using:
    http://letthemeatcakewa.com/aboutus.html

She is amazing. She is so easy going and helpful. She walked us through all the different things, gave us yummy samples (free tasting) and when FI said he hated frosting she asked why. He told her it was too sweet, so she ran away and came back with freshly made ganache for him to try. He was amazed and sold at how helpful she was and how eager to work with our needs she was.
    Our two tier cake to feed 85 people with custom frosting, a delicious rum buttercream, and champagne flavored cake, WITH all the decor we are having her do,  is running us 180, for a reference point.. mmmm can't wait for her cake... :]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards