Washington-Seattle
Options

Outdoor Ceremony Microphone?

So, we're having our ceremony in a park, and we can't have amplified sound. we CAN use body mics or handheld microphone, which we'd like to do, as it will be hard to hear outdoors. The problem is, I don't know what we need. When I look up wireless microphones, we need to be near a transmitter, but we won't have any outlets or anything to plug anything into. I don't want to hook a mic onto myself w/the dress and everything. Anyone have any ideas what we can do and/or are you in a similar situation? What was your resolution?

Thanks!

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Microphone?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! Good question! Piggybacking! We'll be at a park and I didn't know they would at least let us use mics. We won't have outlets either and I just realized what I was going to use doesn't run on batteries.

As for hooking it on to your dress, I can tell you that if your FI and your officiant are miked (sp?) properly and well, it will pick up your voice.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I was just planning on officiant doing it.  But glad to know mics are OK, I thought we might have to just be sneaky.  : ) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But what about speakers?  Don't you need something to go w/ the mic?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do the regulations you're looking at state a different between amplified sound and body/hand held mics?  The point of a microphone is to amplify sound via speakers...

My sister rented a "quiet" generator for her wedding and it worked really well for the mics and speakers.  Whoever you were planning on runniing your sound should be experienced with this problem and might have some other ideas.  Also maybe call the parks dept and ask for suggestions?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My current job is as a sound tech at the University of Washington.  A simple solution that may not require you to bother with holding/wearing mics is to get a standing lectern with a lectern mic.  Lectern mics are specially designed to pick up sound from a few feet away.  Have your sound guy position the mic on the lectern a comfortable  but close distance from you, the officiant, and the FI and it should pick all of you up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards