Offbeat Weddings
Options

Hello Ladies!

Someone so graciously directed me to this board, so I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself here!
My husband and I recently married at Seattle Municipal Courthouse.. we have  a wonderful day and had just our closest family (my father, his sister) and our witnesses there to watch us sign our marriage certificate.. We are planning a second, more in depth ceremony in September where we'll have 60 of our closest friends and family (which, btw, they are all very aware we are married and happy for us!) to celebrate with dinner, drinks & dancing in Seattle! We've been planning for quite some time and now we're down to the details.. have just about everything ready to go!
I'd love to share some photos from our courthouse ceremony if anyone is interested.. We'll be sharing the photos as well as a short video during the reception! Can't wait!
Any other brides in the same boat?

Re: Hello Ladies!

• Options
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    I'm actually not sure if there are any ladies on the board planning a vow renewal at this time. Congratulations on being married.
  • Options
    I'm not planning a renewal, but I'd love to see your pics anyway.  I am planning a very laid-back wedding and I'm looking for ways to keep it simple.
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi!

I've noticed that there isn't much tolerance for non-traditional weddings on The Knot (I got my head ripped off for something a few months ago, because it was a little bit different) and I know there are some people who are very outspoken against support for weddings like yours (private ceremony followed by a larger ceremony later on) with the thought being that "you only get ONE wedding".

I personally think - hey, do what you want to do and don't let anyone tell you otherwise- but I just thought I'd forewarn you that you might not get much support here because some people are just waaaaay too uptight about this wedding business. :)

You might try offbeatbride instead. I got a ton of my ideas from them and everyone there is pretty cool.

Best of luck with the wedding planning and best wishes on your new marriage!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards