• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Offbeat Weddings

AW: I GOT THE JOB!

While I haven't taken you ladies through the full-on saga of my job search, suffice it to say it has been long and painful.  But every ounce of frustration and misery of the last however long was totally worth it.  I would do it all over again, because today I was offered my dream job!

I applied for this position in Burlington, VT back in February.  After initially notifying me that my application would not be moving forward, a few months later, they asked for a phone interview.  I went to campus early this month.  They finished calling my references a couple of weeks ago, but since then I've had another university interested in bringing me in for another interview.  But I REALLY wanted this job in VT.  So I emailed the library director last week and set up a conversation.  I told her that while this other place was anxious to hear from me to schedule an interview, I was anxious to hear from THEM about my dream job.  She said she'd make some phone calls and try to move things along, but then I didn't hear an update yesterday.  This morning, I get a very vague email asking if she can call.  She rang my office around lunch and offered me the job!  FINALLY!!  She said she thought she would've had to hint at me today, but the paperwork came through so that she could make it official.

I can't even put into words how unbelievably happy I am.  Tonight, FI and I are going out to celebrate for the first time in a REALLY long time.  Thank you ladies for sharing this with me!  I AM OFFICIALLY A REAL DEAL LIBRARIAN, WOO!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards