Offbeat Weddings

Back as a Mrs.! Long and PIP

Thanks for the weding day wishes girls :) We had an incredible day!! Everything turned out amazingly well. Only hitch was that my dress would not stay up, but we solved that by grabbing a dress out of my closet btw the ceremony and reception. It was not at all a wedding-type dress, but who cared? no one! incl. me... i'd much rather be comfortable than wedding-y! If you go to weding recaps on the Oct board, you can see some day of pics... but since this is offbeat board, I thought I'd post some pics relating to us :) My number one thing to say to the girls who hae not yet gotten married is to have the wedding you want, not the one someone else thinks you should have. We did everything ourselves and it turned out just the way we pictured it. Even better, people gave us tons of compliments on how much they liked it!  We had a really personal ceremony that we wrote ourselves, had our officient double as a groomslady (we just wanted her as both!). We had no DJ or MC - hubby did the playlist (kept the room dancing all night!) and we simply made announcements ourselves or had friends do it when needed (like for first dance). We had no flowers - the girls had pinwheels, the boys paper bouts that I made, i had paper flowers in my hair. Everyone was free to wear what they wanted- hubs wore flip flops but his dad could not be talked out of a suit. No prob, be happy! We are birders and so are lots of our friends, so many people wore binoculars for ceremony (incl hubby and BM). We got a photobooth, which I know is getting more mainstream, but it was a HUGE hit! Over all, I think if you try to make your guests happy by throwing a great party, but stay true to yourselves, you can't go wrong! Pics:

wedding party + parents. pinwheels for girls, pinwheel bouts for moms, paper flower bouts for dudes. i had 3 girls on my side, GD had one guy and 2 ladies.

hubby hiking up my dress and me trying not to freak out :) you'll also notice my tank lines. i am an avid runner, these babies are permenant! i was not into a tanning bed or spray on. i did try self tanner for 2 weeks before but it did not really help. but honestly, i don't really care b/c these pics look like me - running tan lines and all!

outside cermeony - hurray for weather giving us a break! it was gorgeous!

a part of the cermeony people really liked were the "why" essays. we each wrote a short paragraph answering "why chris?" and "why glen?". we did not read the answers to each others beforehand and our moms read them at the ceremony. it was really sweet! i gave my mom and impromtu kiss, i could not resist!

MCing ourselves was super easy. oh, and here is my new, somewhat slutty dress! but it was all i had, so it was what i went with! had a blast :)

first dance to "lay and love" by bonnie prince billy. everyone liked the song, it was something many had not heard before. i think i found it on this board!

hubby is a fantastic singer/guitarist and we thought it would be fun if i accompanied him on flute - even though i had not palyed since high school! was really fun - and scary, hence my shut eyes! it was the only way i could not freak out with everyone watching!

packed dance floor! you can do your own playlist and it will work!! ours was amazing, hubs worked hard on it and it showed! perfection!

So that is it ladies. It was the best day of my life by far. I was not a fan of wedding planning (sooo stressful and boring) but that day made all our work worth it!

Good luck to future offbeat brides!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards