Offbeat Weddings
Options

Please Share Your...

I feel like we need to have some more 'get to know you' stuff :) SO....
Please share your venue(s) for both the ceremony and reception, as many pictures as you'd like :)

Here's mine:

The resort we're travelling to for our DW

Our ceremony location (set up for someone's wedding)

Our reception location, its a giant permanant tent with chandaliers, a kitchen and bathrooms (set up for someone's wedding)

Re: Please Share Your...

• Options
    Fun!

Our ceremony venue (a friend's yard)

The reception was about 30 seconds away. I don't have many pics of the tent on my work computer...

We mostly hung out outside until it got dark

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_please-share-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:dc3e09cc-b322-442b-8968-5364fb43e7d2Post:869547bc-bae4-4972-b4be-24fda4ea6c0a">Please Share Your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like we need to have some more 'get to know you' stuff :) SO.... Please share your venue(s) for both the ceremony and reception, as many pictures as you'd like :) Here's mine: The resort we're travelling to for our DW Our ceremony location (set up for someone's wedding) Our reception location, its a giant permanant tent with chandaliers, a kitchen and bathrooms (set up for someone's wedding)
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]
    Your venue looks amazing!! So pretty.
  • Options
    gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Church:

Reception Venue (set up for someone else's wedding-ours will look much different):

• Options
    I wish I had good pictures of the room, but I can't find any.  We're getting married in the shared suite of the sorority building at my alma mater.

The walled-in area there in front is a cute little brick courtyard outside the shared suite.  We're doing ceremony and reception in the same room, getting married in front of the windows that lead out to the courtyard.  It's super cute.
    imageWhite Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our ceremony location
    We will be standing in fron of the trees so the ocean is in the background. We will have picnic blankets (with some chair cusions to make it a bit softer) set up to form our aisle and chairs for the vip guests/elders/and those who have issues sitting on the ground or standing
    its on top of a small cliff and accessible to the seawall and even has a set of stairs to the rocks/ocean off the seawall

The Reception

The downstairs room to the restaurant hubby is chef of (its set up with its seperate bar from the rest of the restaurant)
    we will be pushing the pool tables aside and make this the dancing area (its whats normally done when they have their party events and weekly dj come in)
    we will be pushing the tables to the edge of the room so theres room to walk around and mingle. love the old look and feel of the building and decor totally fits our vintagy feel plus the major discounts is a total bonus (or vice versa lol). 
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_please-share-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:dc3e09cc-b322-442b-8968-5364fb43e7d2Post:fcb16f5b-bb96-41b6-b09d-ec3177a8b805">Re: Please Share Your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ballet, I love how attentive your dog looks during the ceremony!
    Posted by Schatzi13[/QUOTE]
    Which is amazing, because she isn't at any other time! In the video H's dad took, both of my dogs are running amuck.

Love the beach venues-gorgeous!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_please-share-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:dc3e09cc-b322-442b-8968-5364fb43e7d2Post:b37530c5-51c2-4e1e-beb6-e8716577ea30">Re: Please Share Your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Please Share Your... : Your venue looks amazing!! So pretty.
    Posted by balletdawn[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will admit its one of the biggest splurges in the wedding, the venue (and all that includes) as well as the Photographer lol
  • Options
    Here's ours:

Ceremony:

Cocktail Hour:

Reception:

. Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    So many lovely venues!

Both our ceremony and reception are being held here:

This is the view from the dj booth, the lighting and drapes all come included:

This is the stage where we will do the ceremony (currently it is set up for someone's reception).  We will probably spring for columns as a backdrop/focus for us the stand in front of:

Best for last, the dance floor!  See the pillar right behind this dancing couple?  That is the exact location where FI and I met!  :)

• Options
    I want a venue that comes with a dog that awesome. :) Alas, our blind puppy would be a handful around the fire and the lake. 

Is anyone else incorporating pets?

The pictures of the lodge found on the information website are very straightforward. Ihttp://4.17.232.139/page.asp?show=section&id=2811&menuid=2811

The pictures for our in-town honeymoon Bed and Breakfast are much more inspiring. :D

Ta,
    meacu1pa
    My motto = I was a queen before the man: I'll be damned if some wedding is going to demote me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards