Offbeat Weddings

Oktoberfest Wedding

I have posted this on a couple other boards but still looking for ideas! My FI and I met in Bavaria, Germany and are doing a german/oktoberfest themed wedding... I still have no idea what to do for centerpieces or favors (cheap) or for that matter reception decorations and ceremony decorations...

were getting married at a German Family Society in the biergarten ( basically a circle piece of concrete with a pretty fence around it and an arch...) and the reception is inside the building

Any suggestions would help!

We're also incorporating beer mugs (steins) into the wedding to go along with the oktoberfest theme... what do you think about painting numbers or german cities on them to name the tables? Or maybe a sign sticking out of the top with some kind of filler??

Re: Oktoberfest Wedding

• I am doing something similar and finding ideas is hard. I have been searching and searching and searching.
    I found one couple that used beer steins for centerpieces with flowers inside. I am "stealing" this idea. I have also found a cute way to tie ribbons to the chairs and want to do something else with ribbons but still working on that. I also want to make glasses, beer mugs or pint glasses, we'll see what I come up with. And just today, I thought that I could give lebkuchenherzen as the favors for the guest. Those are the gingerbread hearts. I also want to have beer cupcakes. And of course pretzels during cocktails.
    If you want, send me your email and I can share what I came up with so far!
    Good Luck!
  • I would be interseted in seeing pictures from your wedding, as I am planning an Oktoberfest theme and looking for some great ideas. If you have some photos to share, can you please send me a link: jamieneumann@hotmail.com  Thank you so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards