Offbeat Weddings
Options

Tanning Question

So I burn quickly and I work outside so every summer I have a bad tan line. I was wondering if anyone used a home cream and had any advice or recomendations about which to use or how to use it. 

Thanks

Re: Tanning Question

• Options
    I've used Jergen's tanning lotion. I liked the way it worked and it smelled nice. The only word of caution is that if you miss a spot, it will show up.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    I like the daily lotions that gradually add color.  Takes me about 5 days to see results.  If I miss a spot one day, it doesn't really show.  I also like being able to stop before I turn orange. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    I used to use the Jergen's kind as well, because I  burn waaay easy as well! I like it and it is actually okay with super sensitive skin!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips. Do you have any advice on a daily lotion that adds color?
  • Options

Have you considered going to a tanning bed? It may help even out your tan a little bit

Buying A Home Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I considered a tanning bed, but with my skin I think I burn too easily. Without sunscreen I can burn to peal in about 10 min.
  • Options
    For you, I would really recommend the gradual tanning lotions. I liked Jergen's but I also hear that Neutrogena is great too. Exfoliate in the shower. Apply a thin layer evenly ( you can always use more the next time once you see how your skin reacts but you can't take it off). Wash your hands immediately after applying.

I saw results within 2 days of my first application.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    I am the same way and burn super fast. I use to go tanning for 3 min every other day but I didn't see any results. I am totally going to look into the lotions now. I have always heard that they can turn your hands really tan from putting it on...what do you recommend for that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards