Offbeat Weddings
Options

offbeat "here comes the bride" song

I'm so excited. I just got this today from Kevin Budd - he's a panflutist who agreed to record a version of the wedding march for me in panflute! 

My mom and I had a bit of a disagreement. She wanted me to have the traditional bridal march (or "here comes the bride" song) but I wanted something more nontraditional - so we compromised and got the song she wanted in panflute! It's so lovely and beautiful and actually made me cry!!  (I just hope I get over it before the wedding!)

I made it into a little video with some must have photos from my planning site.

Now I just have to pick the rest of my ceremony music, and we'll be good to go.

Re: offbeat "here comes the bride" song

• Options
    sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    I love that!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like a great compromise to me.

PS. If you find a way to stop crying when you listen to it, let me know. I've been listening to my walk down the aisle song and first dance song over and over and I still cry every time.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    My "offbeat" wedding march is Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by The Smashing Pumpkins.  Yes the song sounds sad but its really a beautiful all instrumental song recorded by them.  The first time I heard it I was a freshman in high school and I KNEW that was what I was going to walk down the aisle to.  I don't like the traditional wedding march.  And since Smashing Pumpkins is my favorite band (or at least they were in high school) it just makes perfect sense to use them.
    ExerciseMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yeah, I wanted to do something like that, but since most of the rest of my wedding is very nontraditional, I had to give in on something for my parents and FIL'

I'll let you know if I can stop crying, but I doubt I'll find a way in enough time for your wedding!
  • Options
    Very pretty!

I think the song I walk down the aisle to will make me laugh before it makes me cry. Afterall, the first lyric is "shaking like a dog sh*tting razorblades" and it's a break up song, it's so pretty on just guitar though, only our close friends will know what the lyrics are. It also means a ton to FI and I, I'm so excited to walk down the aisle to that song! I'm hoping the sillyness of the song choice will help me to stop from crying!
  • Options
    I love it. It is such a pretty version
  • Options
    Someone told me about this wedding march and I LOVE it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyXWm_cw2E

However, I have also pictured myself walking down to "Here, There, and Everywhere" by the Beatles.

So now I'm stumped as to which one to choose :(
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards