Offbeat Weddings
Options

hi everyone!

I am usually hanging around the November 2011 board, but I just happened to hop over here and saw some things that made me feel at home :) So...
I'm Aaron, and FI is Nathan. We're getting married 11.11.11 and have a wish theme going with things like a wishing well, plastic wishbones that break, wish bracelet favors... :) idk if my plans are incredibly "offbeat", but a lot of them aren't "typical" and I saw some like-minded people talking about aisle walks together and such, so hope to find some common ground here.
Anniversary
November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
Photobucket

Re: hi everyone!

• Options
    Yay!  Another November/Offbeat Knottie!  Welcome!  :D

Are you going to be using a lot of stars in your wedding?  I was talking to a girl a while back who's getting married on 11-11-11 and the idea popped in my head to have stars in the wedding colors hanging from the ceiling of the reception venue.  Not sure if that would look too much like a prom though.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    hiiii! welcome! I love your wish idea :)
  • Options
    Welcome!! Your theme is cute. I hope you stick around!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    welcome! yay for more people on the board!
  • Options
    HI WELCOME
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    thanks everyone!
    Sessions: I had thought of stars, but I'm not sure exactly how to incorporate them...they don't match anything I have now, and my venue is a little chapel with a bell tower area, so the ceiling is too high to hang things from. Honestly, we're hoping it will be warm enough still (which you just never know here) that we can use the garden area, and that might be better...it could even include actual stars :)
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:f889fc07-3ba8-45be-afb0-9565da7df7f7Post:1b1d13ef-2e79-4cee-ab78-8e5657b203ee">Re: hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks everyone! Sessions: I had thought of stars, but I'm not sure exactly how to incorporate them...they don't match anything I have now, and my venue is a little chapel with a bell tower area, so the ceiling is too high to hang things from. Honestly, we're hoping it will be warm enough still (which you just never know here) that we can use the garden area, and that might be better...it could even include actual stars :)
    Posted by carasad[/QUOTE]

<div>I think stars would be absolutely gorgeous on invitations, I'm envisioning black invites with silver lettering and silver stars. </div><div>
    </div><div>Have you thought of including anything considered lucky? Such as horseshoes or the number 13? I think that would be another cute element you could add somewhere.</div><div>
    </div><div>Welcome to the board by the way! =)</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    hello and welcome! 11.11.11, that's a really neat date, if i wasn't so impatient i'd have picked that too ;)
    Offbeat Brides & September 2011 August Siggys - Pets and Honeymoon Location: Roatan, Honduras!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome to the board! Love the wedding date! My boss is getting married the same day and she had so much trouble booking her venue. I hope everything went smoothly for you!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:f889fc07-3ba8-45be-afb0-9565da7df7f7Post:ec48b0c0-7b99-4326-b7b5-fdf92e8be3d3">Re: hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the board! Love the wedding date! My boss is getting married the same day and she had so much trouble booking her venue. I hope everything went smoothly for you!
    Posted by beckster5551[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, I thought it was fun :) We were actually going to wait LONGER (students) but couldn't let the date go...venue was not bad for us, but it was the absolute first thing we booked...WAY in advance. The site we chose actually let us book it about a year and a half out, which they don't usually do. They knew from 10.10.10 that it would go quickly. I now have 2 aquaintances at work trying to plan a wedding on that date too...ah well, at least my coworkers will be too busy going to their weddings to come to mine :) The venue is very size-restricted...
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards