Offbeat Weddings
Options

Classic Rock father daughter dance

So my dad is a Classic Rock kind of guy, I grew up listening to Scorpions, Boston, Kansas, BTO, Queen, and countless others. When I think of my dad, I think of his music.

I really want to honor his choice of music (the thing that lead me to my own love of music) by picking a Classic Rock song for our Father Daughter dance. I'm just at a loss as to WHAT.

I've scoured websites looking for suggestions and while there are some good ones, when I look up the lyrics they make me thing "ehhh...kind of weird" Fact is, a lot of classic rock songs are about the women they slept with (or wanted to sleep with) as opposed to a love song.I know that a ton of these rockers have daughters of their own and I know they HAVE to have a song that they wrote for them, but I can't find anything!

Suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
150 Invited image RSVP Date: April 15th
84 Attendingimage
66 Missing Outimage
0 Not Repliedimage

Re: Classic Rock father daughter dance

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Sweet Child of Mine- Guns and Roses
    Brown Eyed Girl or Tupelo Honey- Van Morrison
    Forever Young- Bob Dylan
    Wild Horses- Rolling Stone

I like this one a lot: Beautiful Girl- INXS (CLICK HERE)

Here's a link for more ideas (CLICK HERE.)

Hope that helps.
    Peace, Kato
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Billy Joel wrote Good night my angel as a lullabye for his baby daughter.  Would that work?
  • Options
    Billy Joel~ Just the way you are. That is what I did.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    My dad and I are doing a Billy Joel song that means a lot to us-- we used to listen to it in the car on the way to school. What about the Queen song "You're my best friend"..? I can't remember the song title or if it would be weird lyrics for a dad/daughter but it's worth a shot!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards