Gay Weddings

Burlap Bags...

Ok, so I am totally counting on all of you creative gay brides and grooms out there! The creativity on this forum blows me away. So here is our dilema.....

We are having a vintage, shabby chic type wedding. The runners on the table will be burlap and paper with vases of flowers and candles. I love the small burlap bags that I have seen for favor bags but am at a loss as to what to put in them. Reese Witherspoon actually used them at her wedding recently and put warm scones and jars of honey inside. I love that! I am still trying to decide what to put in ours though. We had thought of making glazed pecans but that just seemed so simple. I want it to really reflect us as a couple and give something to our guests that they will truly enjoy. We are getting married at the Outer Banks in N.C. but have steered away from anything "beachy" in our wedding.....weird, I know! Any ideas from you all would be great!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Burlap Bags...

• nicknuttncnicknuttnc
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited December 2011

I think since you are from NC why don't you put in the bags some homemade jellies and glazed pecans. You can also put in a variety of nuts or make your own trail mix. I think rustic goes better with burlap. I also like baked peanuts in those bags...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards