Gay Weddings

Hi! New Bride-to-be, here.

Hello all! My girlfriend and I are getting married next October. We live in Atlanta, so the plan is to go up to MA and have a legal wedding, and then have a ceremony with our family and friends when we get back home. Has anyone else done this?Also, would it be more difficult to bring my two sons (they'll be 3 and 4 by then) with us to MA, or just let them be part of the GA celebration?

Re: Hi! New Bride-to-be, here.

• pdeannawpdeannaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Boston to get married on our anniversary (tues) then the following sat we will be having another ceremony and reception in forida where we live since most of our friends and family wouldn't be able to go to Boston. I think the traveling might be hard with your sons but I think having them their would be good.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the boards.  I am from NJ and we are getting married in October, can't believe how close it is getting.  Fortunately, NJ is one of the states where it is legal.  I have seen on here that others have done what you are planning to do.  Good luck!
  • amyandmereamyandmere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Have so much fun planning, and let us know if you need any help. I live in MA, and am getting married here, so if you have any Boston related questions...don't hesistate :)
  • Dreah87Dreah87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! We had originally actually planned to go up to MA this month, because we had tickets to go to the Berkshire Theater festival and were going to stay for about a week. But the money just wasn't there in time, and things happened that took away our trip savings, so we're planning for next year instead. And it'll be better because my boys will be older by then, and hopefully have more fun on the trip.
  • SeldomSeldom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Dreah and congratulations! I live in Atlanta as well, but we are going all the way up to Toronto for the wedding. As you've already read there are several brides doing the same thing you are planning, but I think it would be nice to include your sons if you can!
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome dreah!My date is Oct 2010 too :)

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Dreah87Dreah87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    actually, alisonz, I've seen your wedding website. I really enjoyed it. It'll be fun to see how you progress in your planning over the next year.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I live in Boston too and would be happy to give any local advice. 
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww thanks! glad you liked my site, suggestions welcome...

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011
    here's a great resource for planning a same-sex wedding.http://pinkcalyx.wordpress.com/category/weddings/Plenty of ideas for ceremony and a great LGBT community with all the answers.Sherry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards