Gay Weddings
Options

WE ARE ENGAGED!! (Officially)

Well, my fiance and I of course have been planning our wedding, and were engaged. However since the beginning she insisted that she wanted to "ask me properly". I had no problem with this, and we had already gone to a local jeweler in LA, and custom designed matching rings, because we thought that it was important that the rings matched, and suited both of us. We decided several months ago when we go engaged that neither one of us would have an "official" engagement ring. And we'd decided that we would both wear them for the first time on our wedding day. We actually designed the center ring w/ 2 plain bands, one on each side for each of us. So long story short... This weekend we went to St. Louis as planned to celebrate our 3yr anniversary! My FI advised me that she was taking care of plans for the day of our anniversary. So that morning we got up and got dressed. She told me she had to go to the front desk for a to talk to the clerk before we left. So as we walked up I commented to her how beautiful the stretch Jaguar limo was outside, I a assumed it was for the bride and groom, as there was a wedding at the hotel the previous evening. So she stepped into the hotel lobby and I waited out front. I was casually talking to the driver whom explained she was waiting for "a couple". Then minuted later my fiance comes back, and I think we are headed to our car in the parking garage. When she takes me by the hand and leads me to the limo. She says this is for us! I was shocked! So we hoped into the back seat, the driver let down the privacy window and said we were headed to the first stop. I still had no idea where we were headed. Meanwhile we cracked open a bottle of champagne, and toasted to our 3yrs together, and our excitement at spending a lifetime together. the next thing I knew she was down on one knee, asking me to love her forever! Immediately I was crying as was she...the next thing I knew she had pulled out a BEAUTIFUL ring, the one we designed together, and I assumed was still being created! She slipped it on my finger and somehow I pulled it together enough to say yes! About that time the lomo stopped infront of the FOX theatre where we went to see the phantom of the opera. It was amazing! After that we cruised around the town in the limo picked up my mom, then went to a fabulous dinner. Needless to say the day was magical, and completely unexpected! PIB of the ring! I am so excited I just had to share!

Re: WE ARE ENGAGED!! (Officially)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards