Gay Weddings

Wedding Kiss

Hey everyone, I have a concern. My fiance and I are getting married in April. We're not counting on her family to go because of their extreme religious views. We're in south eastern NC (bible belt). My family will be attending, and while they are accepting of our relationship and very supportive, I'm concerned with the kiss. What is an appropriate kiss as to not freak out the guests? I don't want to have to hold back but I do want to show respect. Please help!!!!

Re: Wedding Kiss

• edited December 2011
    LOL! that is so funny because I have had the same concerns! my FI, and she thinks I am crazy for worrying, as my family is VERY supportive, and always has been. However hers is about 1/2 and 1/2. anyway my suggestion is to keep it sweet and simple. No tongue! LOL! but I would say that to any straight couple as well, as no one really wants to be witness to any couple making out during their wedding kiss, gay or straight I dont think it is appropriate or necessary. That is what the honeymoon and wedding night are for!
  • niklynn622niklynn622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We thought about this too! And we met with our pastor last week and he said, even though all of us are around, make it your special moment....but c'mon how can you tongue in church??? I say sweet and simple, wife to be says a little more! I think sweet and simple is less offensive to those that don't want to see it, but in that case if they really don't want to see it, they can either look away when it happens, or not come at all!Nicole
  • edited December 2011
    I just got marriend on October 3. We keep our kiss short ans sweet. We were worried about the kiss to until my mom said "well people know you are going to kiss...it's a wedding for goodness sake. If they don't want to see it they they will look away or not come to the wedding." That made sense to me so we went for it. But I agree with the no tongue rule and I think it applies to all couples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards