Gay Weddings

Anyone else having 2 ceremonies...? What are you wearing

We are having the legal civil ceremony in one state, and having the big family  wedding ceremony...I have selected the this dress for the civil legal ceremony....

what do you think? What are you all wearing...

Re: Anyone else having 2 ceremonies...? What are you wearing

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't quite do that.  We had the ceremony in one state, and just a reception back home.  However, we wore the same dresses to both, to incorporate our reception guests into the wedding as much as we could.  Here are ours:

• edited December 2011
    We're doing it legally here in Canada and only the few people who cannot make it to our Las Vegas Extravaganza (ha!) are coming, so it will be a fairly informal affair - probably dressy pants and a shirt. 
  • edited December 2011
    Our plan is to head up north to get it done legally, and have the ceremony/reception when we get back home, that way nobody misses out on anything. 

They can experience the beautiful endless crazy love that is ours right along with us! Laughing We will probably both wear really nice suits when we head up north, but it will practically be of epic proportions when we return lol

And that dress you chose is two words breath|taking. Great color and everything!
  • tke203tke203 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted a similar post with my questions about this, too!

But to answer your question- we're wearing the same dresses for both ceremony day and reception day...  Don't have pics yet, though!

Good luck!!
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a legal ceremony in CT and a ceremony/reception in NY.

I bought a dress for the NY wedding, but don't know yet what I'll wear in CT. If my dress is ready in time I would consider wearing it to both, but I'm terrified of messing it up.

the JLM dress is absolutely stunning. Is that the color you would choose as well?

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011

I love that dress! It's stunning!

We are going to MA or possibly D.C. in May to get our marriage license a month before our wedding in NC. I haven't thought much about what I will wear. We wil probably both wear nice sundresses.

I already have my wedding dress for June. My fiancee plans on getting her outfit once the spring womens' suits are out. Possibly Black House White Market.

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    HEY ladies! thanks for the info, and compliments on the dress...posted a pic, of me in the sample at the store. I will be getting it in the color shown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards