Gay Weddings
Options

To help with some of the activity...

Do we have to address the envelopes formally?  I don't want to do the Mr and Mrs. thing.  We are pretty laid back people and all of our guests know that.  In addition, I'm not writing the addresses our or having it done like the "Hetro" board said I had to.  This is my wedding and I'm going some things how I want!  I never follow all the rules anyways.  I bought clear labels and choosing a pretty front!  PRINTING!!!!!Laughing

Re: To help with some of the activity...

• Options
    nicknuttncnicknuttnc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think you can have it anyway you want it. I think you can address the envelopes with just the names and behind that you could put family behind it.
    Nicole Smith and Family
    1500 Main Street
    Anywhere NC, 25566

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    daisywithakdaisywithak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Clear labels are perfectly acceptable.  Your addressing of the envelopes should reflect how formal your wedding will be.  If it's not very formal then I wouldn't worry about it.  I haven't decided yet how we're going to do it.

• Options
    KalithiaKalithia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_of-activity?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:269cd547-ff63-4fca-a7b8-639c0a54894ePost:6cd2de23-326e-4bf7-85a9-b649b0c58584">Re: To help with some of the activity...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you can have it anyway you want it. I think you can address the envelopes with just the names and behind that you could put family behind it. Nicole Smith and Family 1500 Main Street Anywhere NC, 25566
    Posted by nicknuttnc[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm thinking of using</div><div>Nicole Smith and Guest</div><div>1500 Main Street </div><div>Anywhere NC, 25566</div><div>
    </div><div>We are limited to 100 people including us and I'm not trying to reach that limit.  I've told guests on our website that they were allowed to bring 1 guest be it a child or an adult.</div>
  • Options
    daisywithakdaisywithak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's fine!

• Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We clear labeled too, I do what I want. Frankly it was a matter of how would the invitation actually get to out guests. Both my FI and I have horrendous penmanship and hiring a calligrapher was not happening. We addressed our formally so to make up for the labels, I wax sealed them.

We actually went with Mr. and Mrs. John and Jane Doe as our naming convention because I'm not a fan of leaving the wife's first name off, I'm weird.

Photobucket
  • Options
    KalithiaKalithia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Labels are printed and invitations are ready to go in the mail!
  • Options
    nicknuttncnicknuttnc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats and have a great day......

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards