Gay Weddings
Options

Help Me?

Hello there.
I need some serious help with my vows. I don't even know where to start. I don't want to come off as sappy, but I also don't think it's the right time for a stand-up act. I have exhausted all Google links and found a whole lot of nothing.
Any websites or advice you have for a girl who just wants to say what I feel without sounding like a dork???

Re: Help Me?

• Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Put a notebook in your purse and everytime you have an idea write it down.  While planning my vows, I kept finding myself thinking about it at random intervals (on the subway, waiting at the ATM, in line at the post office....)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/ Magdala.  The idea of sitting down and writing out all of your feelings for someone so special seems overwhelming but I would think if you have a list of the little things that come to you throughout the day, it will give you somewhere to start.  Also, if either of you have a favorite poet or famous person you admire, you could google their name and "love quotes"...maybe you will find something to serve as inspiration that way, too.
    GL and happy planning!
    ~Melissa
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiancee and I are going to write each other letters, where we can get as sappy and personal as we want without the pressure of reciting them in front of people (especially since a lot are inside joke type things), which we will exchange in private either just after the ceremony or when we get to the hotel after the wedding.  That way, we can take a lot of the pressure off the vows, and can keep them simple.

I think the nicest vows I've heard were also the simplest.  Maybe something about how your life is different because of your FI, why you love him or her, and what you're looking forward to most (something funny is fine).  Keep it short and from the heart and you can't go wrong.

Congratulations and good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards