Gay Weddings
Options

Getting married and Background checks

I know a same sex couple that is getting married around the time that I am.  And they were going to travel to D.C. to make it legal however one of the parties is in the military..so will that marriage to a person of the same sex pop up during security clearance checks and jeopardize a career

Re: Getting married and Background checks

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In general, being married to someone of the same sex is not a security issue.  However, it is an issue if one of them is in the military.  The military still has the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, under which someone's being determined to be gay will get that person discharged from the military.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i was wondering if i could ask u a few question about your marriage. i would like to get infromation who is in a same-sex relationship. if u could e-mail me that wouls be great. my email is queencows@yahoo.com. im sorry if i bothered u. My questions are for a powerpoint about same-sex marriages. i would to hear a responce from u.

- Shiori Pendragon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards