Gay Weddings
Options

Newly engaged!

Hi,
My partner of 11 years and I just got engaged in Hawaii. It was amazing during the sunrise on the top of Halekala, she had no idea I was going to ask :)  We live in south NJ are want to have our ceremony in NJ, perhaps Cape May.  We visit there often throughout the year and we would  love to have it there, being that we love the beach.  Any ideas on how to go about it all because our date is Dec of 2012....beach (may be too cold) or bed and breakfast?  What do you think?

Re: Newly engaged!

• Options
    TwoBridesNYCTwoBridesNYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  We are getting married in CT at a B&B in a few weeks.  I think the B&B choice is a great option for the winter and fall.  A lot of our guests are staying at the B&B.  The ceremony and cocktail hour will be outside (since it is earl.y Oct) and then the reception will be inside at the B&B's restaurant.

We were engaged for a while before we started planning-we really started planning 10 months and that was plenty of time.  We both would have gone crazy if we had started planning much earlier (no matter how far out from the wedding you are it sort of starts to take over).

We live in NYC and would have loved to get marry here but we wanted to get Legally married and nothing less, so CT won out.

Good luck!
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would certainly go with a B&B, the Jersey shore is cold in September let alone in December. Plus it's a lot more windy in NJ in the winter so the sea breeze could be frigid! Try Cottage Beside the Point, Eldredge House, Insenhart House (I believe all are gay/lesbain owned) and Beauclaire's and the Mad Batter are gay friendly. Best of luck with planning.

We're planning a ceremony for this coming Spring in North Jersey. What are you planning to do for an officiant? My fiancee is a devoted Catholic and not being able to find a priest to performace the ceremony is starting to get to her I think :(

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

yes we have some time still for planning, but we shouldnt have a problem with an officiant...I have a few friends that are ordained and there are places in the area that will hold our ceremony providing us with an officiant. 
    I thnk we are leaning towards a winery for the ceremony...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards