Gay Weddings

2day wedding idea…are we crazy???

My fiancé and I are planning on having a 2 days wedding. We want to have a wedding on the beach with the sun setting in the background. But we also want to have a huge party with our families. If we were to have a night wedding then we wont have much time to spend with the ones we love because it will already be so late. So our idea is to have the wedding on Saturday night with the sunset that we want. And the reception to follow the next day. We do have some problems with this, 1) how do we tell our guest that it is a 2day event and you don’t have to go to both..(we figure that many don’t like the ceremony part but love to be there for the reception. also maybe there might even be some who don’t want to watch us get married but be there to support because their family. Or that they may not want to drive to both.) 2) after the wedding on sat we want to only invite a few members of family to a dinner spot and have food and drinks in celebration (meaning only parents/siblings maybe grandparents and my aunt for using her house the next day) 3) should we have a slide show of pictures at the reception for those who didn’t go.

Anyother ideas that you have seen or done yourself would be amazing. we are open minded and looking for fun things to keep our guest smiling the entire time there.

Re: 2day wedding idea…are we crazy???

• alexninaday09alexninaday09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i suggest sending out invites for only the reception. and tell who you want to come to the ceremony to be there for both. just explain to people if they ask you want a small intimate ceremony late at night and you want to let them be wide awake for the receptiont to party the next day! (:
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are basically doing the same thing. We are having a small ceremony with only 10-12 of our closest family members in CT and then a big 150 person reception in NYC the next day.

However, we will re-do our ceremony at the recception. I'm not crazy about doing it twice, but its not legal here and we DO want to say our vows before all our family and friends.

I think you should make your evening ceremony optional for your guests so they don't have to pay for additional hotel nights, etc. That way, only those closest to you will be there :)

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011

the places that i am looking to have my wedding is only 1 1/2 hrs away from eachother but we want the 2 day wedding due to the fact that if you have more than 15-20people on the beach they then charge you extra. thats why we only want the closest of family and friends.. my family all lives in cali and so does most of my fiance's family but she does have family that would be coming and they are from out of state. i know she would want to spend as much time with them but we are on a small budget and cant have the extra people there. so i kinda dont want to give them an option i more want to tell the people that i want to come to the ceremony their invited and those that i want only at the reception to come to that.. its just how do you go about doing so? and if we do a friday night wedding and do our vows then are we going to have to have someone come out for the next day too... cuz all i want to do on sat is exchange rings in front of my family and say out vows that we wrote to eachother...

sorry if this is confusing i'm good at doing that...haha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards