Gay Weddings

went to a bride show

I went to a brideal show today. I got a lot of ideas from vendors there. Most of them where very accepting of me. We did have one vendor when we told them they got a wierd looked on thier face.  but other than that it went really well.

Re: went to a bride show

• alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    glad it went well :)

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just remember, the vendors are supposed to be serving you, not judging your relationship.  If one of them got a weird look, well, that's one vendor you can cross off your list of potential people to hire.  And in the mean time, you got some good ideas for your wedding.
  • mhbweddingmhbwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im going to one on the 18th..... we've pretty much made most of the decisions, but it will be something fun for us to do as a couple.
  • edited December 2011
    It was alot of fun. you will get a lot of great ideas it is fun in genearl
  • dmichael8dmichael8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seeing reactions at a bridal fair is a great way to rule out vendors who are not accepting.  We went to a bridal fair last week, and nearly all vendors treated us like every hetero couple there.  The ones who didn't got kicked right off our list.
    Anyway, think of how many caterers, bakers, florists, wedding planners and wedding site managers are family.  How nice to work on a gay wedding for a change!

Oh and, a bridal fair is a great opportunity to eat as many pieces of wedding cake as you can.  It's in the name of research and must be done.  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards