Gay Weddings

photographers woo

I have a worried feeling with my photographer. I have been emailing her for at least two months trying to nail down dates and prices. I usually hear from her after I email her five to ten times for information. I have asked for a price list since May 3rd and just received one last week. Then i asked her for a price list for my bridal photos and engagement. I know my wedding is awhile away but I am a constant planner. I would like to have all the engagement photos done in the summer because I love summer dresses. She is leaving for the rest of the summer and we made a date to take engagement photos on the 7th and I still have not heard anything from her. I have called her a few times and nothing. I need to know
I can depend on her for things to get done.She really does good work and is very creative. I am at a stand still because the other photographers who are in my price range will not fill my qualifications. I really want a woman, in the price range of 600 to 1000 dollars, comfortable with the same sex marriage ideas, and creative. What do you think i should do?

By the way for everything she is only charging me $750 for the engagement, wedding, and reception coverage.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: photographers woo

• daisywithakdaisywithak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you need to look elsewhere.  I know that the price is tempting, but it won't matter if she doesn't actually show up!  Just because your wedding is awhile away doesn't mean she shouldn't be getting back to you now. Have you considered looking into a student photographer?  Many are reallly talented.  You would really need look at their work and do a session with them to make sure you like it, but you could really save money.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're already have doubts about the photographer & you haven't even really started the planning, find a new one ASAP! Even though she's giving you a good deal, how good is the deal if she doesn't show up? It sounds like she isn't very professional & she doesn't really care about your business.. who doesn't respond to emails & phone calls? Save yourself the stress & start looking for a new one I have a feeling you won't regret it!
  • JenShumateJenShumate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From another wedding photographer's pov.. that's a bad sign. I would be worried. Did you put down a deposit already? Because everyone's wedding day is special and they should always feel important to the vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    oh no! this is definitely not a good sign. I would look elsewhere. Do you have a contract signed/will you lose a deposit? I'm not sure where in NC you are but my photographer is great, gay friendly, super responsibe and affordable. Send me a private message and maybe I can connect the two of you?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man, I'm so lame. Just found the PM you sent. Sent you one back! sorry bout that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards