Gay Weddings

Wedding planning books!

Hey!
I am newly engaged ( since November) and I am not getting started with the planning. We are getting married April 2012. I have been looking for a planner to help myself get organized. All the ones I have looked at are very very traditional and not for me. I would also like something that I can add pages to if possible (like a 3-ring binder) 

Any one know of a gay friendly or less traditional planner?

Thanks!

Re: Wedding planning books!

• edited December 2011
    Contact the Atrium Country Club, west Orange, New Jersey.
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought a binder and made my own planner from scratch as all the pre-made ones are bride/groom themed. If you pick up Real Simple weddings, they sometimes have a tear out checklist which is helpful, as is the checklist tool here on TK. Congrats and happy planning!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I did the same as PP and used my own 3-ring binder, two sets of index tabs (because I am way too OCD), and have printouts from TK (and other pages online), pages torn out of magazines, pages of notes and a place for contracts.  Also, I used a binder with clear front and spine - so I was able to create a custom cover for it (I am also way too DIY), but this makes me smile every time I look at it! 
    OH, and our wedding date isn't until Sept 2012, and I am starting already. :)

GL and keep us posted!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I was thinking I would just have to create my own. I guess I am just nervous since this is the first (and only) wedding I will be planning and I dont want to forget anything!

I appreciate all thoughts and ideas!
  • Fabi&NitaFabi&Nita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi what I did is picked out the planner that I liked best and white out the groom and put bride over it :) I got tired of looking for a lesbian/gay planner but if anyone finds one let me know I would go and buy another.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    my fiance and I just got engaged and I had a hard time finding one that fit my needs.  I actually found it in the "Martha Stewart Living Wedding Planner" (its a light green 3 ring binder).  The best thing about it is that it has tons of pics for ideas, like dresses, suits, and flowers.  And if you don't like anything you can just take it out and put your own page in.  Good luck with your planning :)
  • edited December 2011
    get brides magazine, they have a checklist on there... that i've found helpful. checklists are sometimes BS though... so don't get too fixiated on it.

im also making my own planning book... i've been engaged for 4 months, and i only have a spiral of info...

so I'll be making one soon! just for fun... And to keep things organized obviously ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards