Gay Weddings
Options

Seriously? Someone is this clueless?

Some time ago, I asked my son (J) whether his fiancée's (K's) parents knew that I was gay. He responded that K's mother (L) had seen our wedding photos, so she must know.

I sent a Facebook message the other day to L. It said something like, "We're so happy our kids are getting married. Please let me know if you want to coordinate dresses or something."

Apparently, L then looked at my wedding pictures a little more closely. She called K up, and the following conversation ensued:

L: Why didn't you tell me J's mother is gay?
K: Didn't you notice the two women in long white dresses in the wedding pictures?
L: I figured those were the bride and the maid of honor.
K: But didn't you wonder why the bride and the maid of honor were kissing?
L: I meant to ask you about that--whether it was some kind of strange Jewish tradition.

J and K's wedding may be very interesting indeed! LOL

Re: Seriously? Someone is this clueless?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's hilarious!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is the first big laught I have had today...and it is almost midnight.  Some people are just.....clueless.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    tami2012tami2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow. that is crazy! some people are totally clueless, they just make it worse when they open their mouths and say something!
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_seriously-someone-this-clueless?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:aea3cb4f-5aa9-40cf-885f-bdb67d1710a7Post:a2de12ed-e39b-439e-a315-5ef6f0970b06">Re: Seriously? Someone is this clueless?</a>:
    [QUOTE]wow. that is crazy! some people are totally clueless, they just make it worse when they open their mouths and say something!
    Posted by tami2012[/QUOTE]
    Yeah.  And I will be seeing this person at the bachelorette party and the rehearsal dinner, as well as at the wedding itself.    I am already gearing myself up for the, "Be gracious, whatever she says," thing.
  • Options
    roandkatroandkat member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

HAHAHAHA

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards